Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an idea I came up with after seeing all the rear reservoir relocation ideas. May work for other models, mine is a 2007 zx6r. I wanted something cleaner but still stock looking. The pics tell you how to do everything but I wrote it out anyway.

You'll need- 11054-0755 Reservoir bracket $10, 8mm socket, pliers, snips, brake fluid, Dremel or other cutting tool, 10mm wrench for bleeding system, and about an hour of free time. Also I used a touch up paint pen after my cutting and grinding to prevent rust.

Step 1- Remove brake fluid, reservoir, brake line, reservoir bracket, and brake line routing bracket.

Step 2- Cut brackets as I have shown in the attachments, a little grinding to keep things nice and tidy is required if you want the really clean look. ( I did all this with a Dremel which was a pain but tells the simplicity of the cuts. )

Step 3- Install the bracket with the bushing for the exhaust cover plastic to the original reservoir location, and the bracket you will actually mount the reservoir to where the brake line routing bracket was. Bolt holes are exactly the same as is the hardware.

Step 4- Shorten brake line and outer sleeve. Measure twice cut once. ( I pulled the sleeve off the line so I had room for the hose clamps with the sleeve installed. )

Step 5- Install reservoir, brake line with sleeve and clamps. Fill with fluid and bleed. Enjoy the clean but stock look.

Hope this helps a few of you. Good luck, shiny side up!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw several of those, just wanted to try something a little different. This way I can still access the reservoir no tools required.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Might I ask why you would need to access your res. if you aren't performing maintanance that would require tools?

I do like your thinking though. I'm just curious.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts

The bike looks extremely different from these pics. These pics are from last season and the bike was redone over the winter. The brake light is no longer there (a custom led setup was made), I just put a solo race tail on it, it the process of installing 09+ headers and side exit pipe, no passenger pegs.....tail is completly smooth and free of clutter.

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
mine just goes into that hole where the seat screw attatches. none zip ties necessary.
Yeah I thought about doing that but I pull my bike apart pretty frequently and didn't want to have to deal with moving the res out of the way all the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree all maintenance requires tools, I should've said see instead. There is no real advantage to my method over another, but that's okay I'm not selling it. I appreciate your input though. By the way you bike is minty, she looks very well kept.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts