Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just a bought a used zx6r 2008 model and it came with the rear footrests broken (brackets also - see picture).

https://postimg.org/image/c37kj471x/

Can you guys please let me know how do I get access to upper bolts of the right side bracket? (I've checked the service manual, nothing in there about this).

Do I need to take down the exhaust pipe or there is any other easier way to replace that one.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the passenger peg carriers for that bike... my 09 appears to be a much more straightforward set up.

If I had to guess, I'd expect a previous owner got frustrated with the same thing, and snapped off the carrier.

Probably best to drop the can, so you have access.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the passenger peg carriers for that bike... my 09 appears to be a much more straightforward set up.

If I had to guess, I'd expect a previous owner got frustrated with the same thing, and snapped off the carrier.

Probably best to drop the can, so you have access.......
Yeah, on '09 is way more easier I think (from what i've seen).

My guess is that he dropped the bike and snaped the bracket and he removed the left one (cuz was really easy to get it off), but left the right one like that cuz it was too much hassle to get it off.

Im still waiting for parts to arrive, ill see if I can do it myself. Maybe somebody with same model has any other idea about this.

Thank you for the input anyway!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts