Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i was just wondering if any of you experience a rattling sound when you're accelerating? 07's specifically, but anyone really? i was told it's normal but given the fact that i'm in love with the bike i don't want anything to be wrong.:O thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i get a slight rattle at a cruising speed on a bumpy road, i've pretty much narrowed it down to something in the braking system... possibly the brake pads.... i dunno

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i noticed it was on bumpy roads too, if it's normal, then so be it. nice bike btw.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
negative, not the keys. i only have one key when i ride, and that's my bike key. and if that's rattling, i'd be astonished.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
word... hmm. i'm sure it's nothing, i'm just like an overprotective mother and don't want anything to be wrong.

·
Registered
764 Posts
word... hmm. i'm sure it's nothing, i'm just like an overprotective mother and don't want anything to be wrong.
I'm sure it's alright but just have the shop check it out on your next service.

·
Registered
553 Posts
It's probably your clutch lever, when it starts making the noise just mess around with the lever a little bit, pushing it in different directions. I have an 06 and it does that. Honestly, it could be a number of things and the only way to really find it is to take your time and take and narrow down where the rattle is coming from and strip everything off the bike, loc-tite everything and put it back together.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah it kinda sounds like a loose screw would sound; i'm not sure if "rattling" is even the best way to describe it, but it's as close as i could get. i will check the clutch lever and if that stops it, i will let you know. otherwise, i'll spend some more time narrowing things down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i get it sometimes if i let the engine rev hi in a cruse (8000-10000) but i also have a remote on my keychin with the motorcycle key for the alarm so i think it is just that tho im not shure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts