Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
60561 - 60580 of 66863 Posts

·
Skin Flute Master Instructor Level III
6,355 Posts
Best thing about this weekend: getting paid 37$ an hour to walk around the beach. Worst thing: getting a sun burn on the tops of my feet.
Rookie mistake.

·
6,355 Posts
Got my vinyls in... I under paid you cap. Thanks dude.
You overpaid as far as I'm concerned lol. They made it through the mail okay?

I'm not accepting any more money but shoot me a message if you want to tell me what you honestly think you would have paid from someone else. I'm still figuring out prices and stuff so honest feedback is good.

·
6,355 Posts
Me: No trust me, you can totally cook fried chicken in rendered bacon fat.
Woman: That... doesn’t seem like a good idea.
Me: You worry too much. Trust me. This will be great!
Woman: *nagging noises*
30 min later...
Me: ordering a pizza of shame, and making promises regarding the kitchen cleaning....

So... uhhhh... don’t do that.

Completely unrelated question:

What do I do with like a gallon of bacon fat?

Ey3
Cook shrimp in it. Add lime after.

·
6,355 Posts
I really need to remember to print and fill out the rebate form for my thunderbird shocks tonight. It's for over half of the price of them lol.

·
6,355 Posts
So I'm tryna figure out how to register / whatever with my eos and I'm lost. All I want to do is transfer it to a paper wallet and get it registered or whatever for the airdrop stuff. Can that be done? Am I missing something?

·
Director of Moderation
9,988 Posts
So I just bought a house and it has a pool. I was researching using solar panels to run the pump but looks like its not worth it. But it got me thinking about free energy and man....I think I might have just figured out some genius shit.
Oh yeah? Let's hear it...

You overpaid as far as I'm concerned lol. They made it through the mail okay?

I'm not accepting any more money but shoot me a message if you want to tell me what you honestly think you would have paid from someone else. I'm still figuring out prices and stuff so honest feedback is good.
You could always look up other places that do this to get an idea for how much they charge. PopShadowDecals, DrippinWet, Alpha1 Vinyls...just a few of the very common ones I see around on track/race bikes.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Rookie mistake.
We were out there for like 10 hours. Homie i with was bald and doesn’t like hats. At like 5 pm he scratched his head and i saw skin flake off lmao I was like “oh...dude...” His shit was wrecked today.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
So I just bought a house and it has a pool. I was researching using solar panels to run the pump but looks like its not worth it. But it got me thinking about free energy and man....I think I might have just figured out some genius shit.

I was all set to do the solar panel thing and then I realized how much all it would cost just to run a somewhat smallish pump. Not worth it since this isn’t my forever home.

Reactions: Scorpi0

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
It would be neat to see every big parking lot be covered and have nothing but solar panels on top. I bet we could make a decent dent in our energy usage with all those, what I call wasted space, parking lots powering commercial buildings.

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Congratz! Same area you were looking at before?

It would be neat to see every big parking lot be covered and have nothing but solar panels on top. I bet we could make a decent dent in our energy usage with all those, what I call wasted space, parking lots powering commercial buildings.
I've seen a couple schools do that here. It really is a great idea. Covered parking and free energy, win win.

·
6,355 Posts
Solar is underutilized IMO. Covered parking is one good example. The tesla shingles are a great idea too.

Reactions: litner

·
Super Moderator
12,600 Posts
The problem with solar is that it isn’t a constant source of energy, and is largely producing energy when it isn’t really needed.

To combat that, they typically use turbine generators, or big batteries. So that solution doesn’t really work grid scale. In micro grids it can work, but the power company won’t be converting anytime soon.

I can dig up some research if you like, but it’s really not currently a “good” option.

Ey3

·
6,355 Posts
Parking garages outside of office buildings would make power at the wrong time? It can't be the primary source of power obviously and the electric company isn't going to be switching any time soon but I feel like there's a lot that could be done with solar on a case by case basis

Reactions: litner

·
Super Moderator
12,600 Posts
Parking garages outside of office buildings would make power at the wrong time? It can't be the primary source of power obviously and the electric company isn't going to be switching any time soon but I feel like there's a lot that could be done with solar on a case by case basis
I was mostly referring to grid scale with the timing comment.

That said currently the tech is very expensive to implement, and would pay off on a very long time scale.

Nothing wrong with doing it, but outside a publicity/optics thing I wouldn’t consider it a viable thing to do. Under current technology. Tesla is pushing the tech forward, so that may well change in the short term.

For example the power company here has a microgrid research lab, even being the same damn company they cannot deal with all the bs to back feed to the grid. It is really not a small task. Their solar farms are mostly for the optics at this point.

Ey3

Reactions: capitalcrew

·
Super Moderator
12,600 Posts

Here is an EE talking about viability of putting solar on the border wall.

He has others going over the “solar roadway” ideas.

Here is his take on the Tesla roof currently.

Ey3

Reactions: WildCard

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Hopefully by the time I'm ready to build my own house (50 years from now :eek:) solar technology will be more cost effective.

Reactions: Ey3l45h

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
My parents 55+ community (78 units) put solar covering a huge majority of the roof
They were sold on the idea that in about 10 years it would be completely paid off and the returns would really happen........ Well they just passed the 13 years now mark and the panels have lost about 50% of their efficiency and they may or may not have gotten back their initial investment (use varies wildly from one unit to another as some people have all their lights and TV's all day all night and others are much more frugal......... So they just implemented this year everyone gets their own meter and their own bill. As many of the wasteful had no care how big of an electric bill the building recieved even though all 78 units paid that bill)

One issue they had here, clouds........... November for us almost never sees Sunshine, sun angle all winter is very low, we get tons of snow, takes days sometimes to melt off those panels, but even on a yearly basis of the 365 days I bet we only have 2500 hours at best of sunshine to charge those panels
SW MN has tons of wind generators.......but a bunch of people are all in an uproar over how many birds get killed daily in those fields by being struck by the blades - not like we are really all the windy here either, but there is more wind than sun

anyways....

My parents pay about 3% of what they used to as a share (common areas, underground parking and parking lot lights still are split/shared)
Their individual bill now is less in 4 months than they used to pay for 1 month
My dad said he thinks he pays about 25% what they were paying

So this is part of the reason they really don't know for sure if the panels saved them money to a point of being worth it........
Panel supplier/installer wants to replace all the panels with new ones.........Cost about the same as the original install even though they do not have to run wiring to basement etc again
They are on the fence and still discussing it
- some just want to keep using them as they are until they no longer produce, others want to upgrade and still others think they should just pull them off the roof

gf back in the 80's used to be one of those people in CA who cleaned and adjusted angle on those solar panel fields.......... I saw plenty of those fields each time I had to go to CA......fricking desert with plenty of sun, but dusty as shit.......I wonder what they pay to clean those daily to keep efficiency high (that was her job back when it was $6/hr, and there were multiple people who did the same job...took 3 days to go over the entire field then start back at the beginning) and I wonder how often they are replacing them?
With that kind of labor expense and the replacement cost over x years........ Is it really worth it?

I have some solar light panels that work LED motion detector lights....a couple years old now and they still function but not as bright and they will not make it through the night.... they did when new

Reactions: Scorpi0

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts

gf back in the 80's used to be one of those people in CA who cleaned and adjusted angle on those solar panel fields.......... I saw plenty of those fields each time I had to go to CA......fricking desert with plenty of sun, but dusty as shit.......I wonder what they pay to clean those daily to keep efficiency high (that was her job back when it was $6/hr, and there were multiple people who did the same job...took 3 days to go over the entire field then start back at the beginning) and I wonder how often they are replacing them?
With that kind of labor expense and the replacement cost over x years........ Is it really worth it?

I have some solar light panels that work LED motion detector lights....a couple years old now and they still function but not as bright and they will not make it through the night.... they did when new
They don't pay anyone to do it anymore; the robots do it for us.

60561 - 60580 of 66863 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.