Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So currenty I'm fitting the b1h tail on my g2.
I've modded the frame following scoobs guide, however just wanted to throw this out there. I love high tails so seeing as I've got to redo the seat and rear anyhow if I extend the lower sections of the subrame surely this could raise the rear. Here's what I've got so far:
I know they're way too long but it's a mock up and if I can get it right I'll get I welded.
I figured this would change it visually without messing around this how the bike points - dog bones-
Any opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i have made the b1h fit was allot of work but i am happy with it.if you know a welder then piece of piss ,will say be carefull how high you go as you tank gap will increase ,if you do this try and do it with tank on ,if you want i have pics of how i done b1h frame but im about to go away the weekend back sunday

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've modded the frame, got the b1h fairing on it no problem. I'm going to make a custom seat to fit the tank and tail nicely.
All Im thinking is about raising the tail up by extending the lower sections with the bits I made in the picture.
Here's the b1h on the g/j subframe though:

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I'm yet to fit the rear seat/cowl clips, but I am aware I shouldn't have cut them off!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have made the b1h fit was allot of work but i am happy with it.if you know a welder then piece of piss ,will say be carefull how high you go as you tank gap will increase ,if you do this try and do it with tank on ,if you want i have pics of how i done b1h frame but im about to go away the weekend back sunday
Also I love how high and pointy your tail is. That's what I'm going for

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i did use the j frame originally ,but im a fussy fucker i found my angle to low and my seat unit the line didnt match the seat line it sloped down to the rear ,i also didnt like the battery box hanging out the bottom either so thats why i changed it,but still wasnt high enough...but i found when i lifted the seat the mounting holes of rear of tank move out of place and also the gap goes out of shape were the tank lies along the main frame ,and also im a short ass so im now on tiptoes lol,it will work but i personally keep the tank in place to see were the tank lies when you move the frame up higher as the pivot point will make the angles change if that makes sense

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
how much did you get frame for they go for silly money dont they

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
also another way possible to change the angle and will keep the weld away from the oustide of bike,, if you cut the weld right at the rear of frame thats what i done with the b frame, so when it gets re welded its under the undertray area so it wont look rough and out of sight not sure if it will work with the j but worked a treat with my b frame

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much did you get frame for they go for silly money dont they
I picked up the b frame for like £80 off eBay from someone who was breaking, sure it was some kind of chop shop as he told me it was because he went into a car but I saw the front fairings and forks there all fine.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did use the j frame originally ,but im a fussy fucker i found my angle to low and my seat unit the line didnt match the seat line it sloped down to the rear ,i also didnt like the battery box hanging out the bottom either so thats why i changed it,but still wasnt high enough...but i found when i lifted the seat the mounting holes of rear of tank move out of place and also the gap goes out of shape were the tank lies along the main frame ,and also im a short ass so im now on tiptoes lol,it will work but i personally keep the tank in place to see were the tank lies when you move the frame up higher as the pivot point will make the angles change if that makes sense
Yeah its making sense. ill be sure to keep the b frame then so future possible change. Hoping to get this all sorted before June. Just got to go for it I suppse. I'll make sure i leave the tank in place to see how much I can get away with.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also another way possible to change the angle and will keep the weld away from the oustide of bike,, if you cut the weld right at the rear of frame thats what i done with the b frame, so when it gets re welded its under the undertray area so it wont look rough and out of sight not sure if it will work with the j but worked a treat with my b frame
Including what's on at the moment I've got my modified j frame, standard j on bike and slightly butchered b frame. Did you switch to the b battery box when you swapped over with welds. And did you extend the lower on your b then?

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Scoot is your man on this, But here are a couple simple things you can do right away.
First loosen the 4 sub-frame bolts & pull up on the sub, There is room for some adjustment there.
Pull up & have a friend crank down on the four bolts, your rear seat will now be 6-7mm higher.
Now have some linkage links (dog bones) made, about 3mm shorter from center hole to hole.
That will really raise it up.
Here's my bike.....

Before the tail swap But the rear is much higher than stock...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
See that tail makes it SO much nicer! And for me the higher the better.. Within reason not into the whole German tail streetfighter thing.lol
I'll give that a go this weekend. I think also a stubby can may be in order at some point.
Big problem is time. Wish I could get my bike in my flat.
Thanks guys for the input

Now we've just booked a track day at brandshatch.. So won't be doing anything fairing-wise until after. Just Incase! Beginning of May it is.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
yeh when i fitted the frame ,i then used the b battery box ,as the b battery box wont fit in the j frame as top is narrower ,yeh try ond done ,it didnt work on mine as i used a solo race seat ,the problem i had was if you look at picture the seat unit i have hasnt got so much of a taper as a standard b seat unit ,you will see it slopes to the back
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]
as you can see in top picture the tank line aint with the seat line hence why i had to try and use the b setup witch it did work out in the end its all in line headfuck of a job but worked out in the end still not 100% done got to finish side panels but want to get out and ride it this year

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i got track fearing on now, im selling the road fearing as no need for it i have got day mot now

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yh I see what you mean bout the taper. I'm going to do the dogbones and try lifting it before the tail change. And will make sure I get before and after a for each bit.
The stubby cans are a great look aswel.
Also I note the 58 on the side!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]
as you can see in top picture the tank line aint with the seat line hence why i had to try and use the b setup witch it did work out in the end its all in line headfuck of a job but worked out in the end still not 100% done got to finish side panels but want to get out and ride it this year
Damn good looking bike Scott, The way a J should look. A race bike for the street. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts