Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Doesn’t look like a problem. I’m replacing mine which is a bit rusted and just want to make sure it’s in better condition.
Hmm...on the axle?? How did you manage to get rust on an aluminum axle? Aluminum doesn't rust :O

I'm in the middle of packing, cleaning, moving across country now, so I won't be shipping anything for at least a week. Unless you live somewhere between Kansas City and Virginia along I-70 and I-64 and you're on my way lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm actually building a triumph thruxton with a zx6r front end, so I'm not sure what I'm talking about. And i don't have the front wheel with me its at a friends place. Ill take a closer look. Take your time its not a rush, let me know when youre settled in.

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I'm actually building a triumph thruxton with a zx6r front end, so I'm not sure what I'm talking about. And i don't have the front wheel with me its at a friends place. Ill take a closer look. Take your time its not a rush, let me know when youre settled in.
Ohhhh, you're talking about the front. I don't have that anymore. I was thinking you meant the rear axle. They're both aluminum though. But I ended up throwing mine away when I parted out the bike because somehow the nut got damaged.

That reminds me I should update my list now.

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Updated list with what's available. Since I'm moving, I threw away some of the items that weren't worth all that much relative to their volume. Do NOT ask me about anything that's not on this list. If it's not on here, I don't have it anymore.

- engine (~4600 miles, stock to my knowledge): $1000 without clutch
- OEM wheel set (includes rotors and rear hub assembly): $450
- Rear wheel with rotor and sprocket carrier: $200 (this is already boxed up with the set above, so I can make you a killer deal if you're interested in a front and 2 rears)
- Scotts steering damper: $275
- Swing arm (has the classic worn out spots from the heels that pretty much everyone gets on these): $150
- Sprockets (assortment of Vortex, Renthal, and stock ranging from 43-45 for rear and I believe a 16 front): $90 for all
- MSM brake/clutch levers, gold: $40
- Ohlins TTX shock spring (110 N/mm): $60
- Gauge cluster dash: $180

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Scotts steering damper sold. Everything else on the list above still available.

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Bump

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Alright, I REALLY want to sell that engine and those wheels cuz they're taking up too much space. How about this package deal...I'll let the engine + wheels + MSM levers + sprockets + TTX shock spring go for $1000! This does not include shipping though. I can deliver to NCbike or CMP next month. Or you can drive to Virginia Beach and pick up. Or I can ship if you pay for shipping.

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Wheels are sold!! Finally! Now about that engine...someone make a reasonable offer on that!

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
May be interested in your sprockets, I'm local to you. Will you be at NCBike next weekend?
Actually yes I plan on going there next weekend. I could certainly bring some stuff along.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Actually yes I plan on going there next weekend. I could certainly bring some stuff along.

Will you check the shipping cost to get the engine to 12650 in Sweden? Is the harness a racing harness or original?

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Will you check the shipping cost to get the engine to 12650 in Sweden? Is the harness a racing harness or original?
That would be more than the engine itself. I just shipped something to Austria in a box that was similar in size but much lighter than this engine and the quote was over $500, and that was from work where we have a big discount.

EDIT: I went to FedEx's website just to see what it would be for shits and giggles and the cheapest option was over $1100 lol It has to go via freight.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I definitely saw this post way too late and would have bought the forks from you. Oh well. Good luck on that engine.

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Me too, but the rain forecast has me thinking I may just sit it out. I'll drop you a PM if I do end up going.
Ok. I think my plan is to just go Sunday since it looks like the lesser chance of rain, and the MotoGladiator races are Sunday.

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Engine is SOLD!! Finally!

About the only things I have left are the MSM levers, the dash cluster, a set of front OEM rotors, and the swing arm.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts