Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveyone i'm new to this site and as i've bought a kwak this seems the place to be. Don't really understand how it works but hay.
I think i need some advise on fitting a tail tidy and mini indicators not really clued up on electrics and stuff and i'm abit worried about cutting the wires on my 07 zx6r. Any advise on how easy/hard it is would be much appreciated thanks Andy:O

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
dont the wires for the indicators have plugs on them??? just unplug and plug new in

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
dont the wires for the indicators have plugs on them??? just unplug and plug new in
No. Well none I have bought do.

You just need to solder them. Or go the bogan method and just twist the wires around each other and cover with electrical tape.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im not really electronically inclined and I installed my own fender eliminator. Just mark all the wires with tape and write on them so that you know which is which, and dont be scared to cut, just leave them long so if you mess up, theres more wire to play with

·
Registered
91 Posts
i thought a lot of electrical modifications come with the proper housings already soldered and attached so that all you need to do is plug in and mount... isnt that why you buy these types of mods bike model specific?

unfortuantely i dont know for sure cause i havent gotten around to replacing my fender or my beanstalks... two of the most important mods to enhance looks

·
Registered
311 Posts
i like to cut the plugs off the stock signals then solder them onto the aftermart junk wiring to keep my ride as clean as possible.. el naturel;]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Best thing is to buy some proper push together connectors, the best ones to get are called 'Japanese Bullet Connectors' they come in a male and female type with silicone boots to fit over them. You also need to get a crimping tool to put them on - they are quite cheap, plus the connectors are waterproof and you can easily remove your lights if you need to.

Would avoid using the 'twist and tape' method, unless you want loads of electrical problems, and soldering is a bit permanent and causes problems if you want to remove anything.

Good company is www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu - they are based in the UK and the delivery service is excellent, and they supply everything you will need to do a proper job. Don't be afraid of a bit of DIY, just make sure you disconnect the earth lead on the battery to avoid any nasty short-circuits!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for that mate i'll keep you informed on how i get on.Hopefully it will be done over the xmas period then i'll post some pic's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts