Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Don't mean to hijack, but quick question as I am new to the ZX6R. My QS seems to work pretty well. Did you notice degraded performace of the QS over time or was it problematic right off the bat? (Hoping I got a good one.?)
The sensors can go bad and stop working over time. Depending on the brand you have the kill times may need to be set if they aren’t it may seem as if there is something wrong with the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mines been sporadic. It just has good and mediocre shifts. Most of the midrange shifts at 5-8k are quite smooth, with only a few that aren't. Anything above that, and almost every shift is jarring. Not all of them, but many of them. So jarring that it completely unsettles my suspension mid shift. My idea is to just upgrade systems, and hopefully a dynamic feature would meet my expectations more closely.

Kentucky, if you haven't tried GP shift, its something you should try. With or without QS. Completely a personal preference, but I think it feels better. Also, for track use, the idea is that if you're leaned over on the left side, you don't have to put your foot under the shifter where it could scrape the ground when you're coming out of a left hand turn, and shifting gears up by pressing down is super positive, and ensures you never ever miss a shift, and that it is fast.

Not that you would normally miss shifts on traditional shifting, but in racing or high performance applications, adrenaline and stuff can make technique not as perfect, thus why many people ride GP shift. Of course Im no pro, but for sporty riding, I really enjoy the feeling of GP shift. Give it a go if you haven't.

-Mike

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Don't mean to hijack, but quick question as I am new to the ZX6R. My QS seems to work pretty well. Did you notice degraded performace of the QS over time or was it problematic right off the bat? (Hoping I got a good one.?)
The OEM cut times are fine for street riding and shouldn't be an issue. The downside is riding at the track and having some lurching during shifts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buenas noches. A alguien le ha pasado en una 2019 q en bajas revoluciones el kqs anda bien pero en altas revoluciones le cuesta y queda mas lento? Tiene 6mil kmts eso es lo q me parece raro

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Buenas noches. A alguien le ha pasado en una 2019 q en bajas revoluciones el kqs anda bien pero en altas revoluciones le cuesta y queda mas lento? Tiene 6mil kmts eso es lo q me parece raro
Por lo que he leído (y experimentado con mi zx10r), los tiempos de corte son demasiado largos en las revoluciones altas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hola jd41 en bajas revoluciones entran perfectamente, en alta le cuesta demasiado, ojalá tenga algo de regulación pero no creo... esta muy lento en altas revoluciones hasta llega como a frenarse demasiado entre un cambio y otro...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Por lo que he leído (y experimentado con mi zx10r), los tiempos de corte son demasiado largos en las revoluciones altas.
ment ago
Hola jd41 en bajas revoluciones entran perfectamente, en alta le cuesta demasiado, ojalá tenga algo de regulación pero no creo... esta muy lento en altas revoluciones hasta llega como a frenarse demasiado entre un cambio y otro...

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
ment ago
No creo que se pueda ajustar pero hay abundantes opciones disponibles: Translogic, IRC Quickshifter, Bazzaz, PC, etc.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts