Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just two unedited laps from chuck this past weekend. DeanLa from this forum was very helpful the whole day giving me tips. I have a ton of footage I will put something together maybe this weekend. This session I was exiting turn 10 in 3rd gear because I would spin up the rear in 2nd no matter how gentle I was with the throttle. Towards the end of the day I fixed this issue by just being more patient before getting back on the gas.

Here is my list of the things I know I have to work on.

1. Less coasting
2. Get more comfortable trail braking. (Will help with late braking)
3. working on my lines
4. Stop being a wuss entering the bowl. :banghead:

2 Laps @ CVR - YouTube

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Looks like fun! Only a couple more things I can see. I like to keep the RPMs up a little higher and would probably have downshifted another gear (or 2, or 3) going into a few of those corners for a little more power coming out of them. Also you might give clutchless upshifting a shot. Also, looks like you could be getting your butt off a little too far but your upper body looks good, so it's making you a little crossed up. I'm no model for BP though. :) Looking good!

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like fun! Only a couple more things I can see. I like to keep the RPMs up a little higher and would probably have downshifted another gear (or 2, or 3) going into a few of those corners for a little more power coming out of them. Also you might give clutchless upshifting a shot. Also, looks like you could be getting your butt off a little too far but your upper body looks good, so it's making you a little crossed up. I'm no model for BP though. :) Looking good!
Thank you sir, I'll try to stay higher in the rev range next time. Clutch less shifting I'm still not comfortable doing so I'll leave that for last :).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very nice vid Hitman. I will say that of our group of 6 riders Hitman was the best at picking up the lines out of most of the turns, his drives out were exceptional in comparison to mine. Job done very well Ivan, you'll be giving me plenty-o-pointers on our next visit to CVR.

I'd like you all to know that Hitman's been riding for just about 2yrs, what an incredibly fast learning curve!

Cheers to you mate!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I enjoyed the video except for the crazy wobbling of the camera. I was getting a little seasick by the time it was over - maybe there's a more solid mount available?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts