Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, instead of creating another thread, I'll put this here, is there any way to buy just the front master cylinder?

Or do I have to buy the whole thing? I can't find the part number just for that (circled). I'm guessing its the 43034 HOLDER-BRAKE,MASTER CYLINDER, But i'm not sure if that's just the holder?

Doubt its that as its pretty cheap.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
You gotta learn to read those part catalogue pictures right.
It's your fairing stay or also called upper bracket. part#11053.

Best bet is to go with used OEM that isn't damaged. Chinese you better order 2 at the same time since their cast metal is very brittle. ebay is your best friend.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, instead of creating another thread, I'll put this here, is there any way to buy just the front master cylinder?

Or do I have to buy the whole thing? I can't find the part number just for that (circled). I'm guessing its the 43034 HOLDER-BRAKE,MASTER CYLINDER, But i'm not sure if that's just the holder?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Front fairing stay. You may be able to find a used one cheap on eBay.
Already got the answer for that mate,

Was wondering about the one I posted now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get a used master cylinder on eBay. They are being sold all the time.

The 07-12 MC's are all the same so any one of those years will suffice.
I'll have a look, I'm in the UK, I see some but most of them are from the US, so I guess I may need to order from there. So 07-12 will fit my 03?

·
Super Moderator
12,499 Posts
I'll have a look, I'm in the UK, I see some but most of them are from the US, so I guess I may need to order from there. So 07-12 will fit my 03?
Hi Nice name.

What about upgrading the mc? Something with a larger radius bore would provide some more pressure would it not?

I am pretty sure, and I could be wrong, if so someone below will correct, that as long as the mc fits around the clipon and you say solder the brake switch plug for the original part you could pull it off.

Ey3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts