Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
H4 and H7 are the sizes of the backing plate...thingie.

If your bike is H7 (Like the 04's are) I couldn't use a H4 bulb unless I chopped the hell out of the backplate...thingie, until it fit. I think.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i understand their different sizes...my question is what is the purpose of using a h4 if your bike uses a h7?do you have to switch to do this mod..if so please explain why,not just yes or no.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
whats the diff between H4 and H7 bulds?? is 1 brighter than the other?? or just different backing plate thing?

·
Registered
590 Posts
the difference between the bulbs is that one has two electrodes and the other has only one, meaning one bulb will do high and low beam brightness and the other only has one brightness. Because we had two seperate lights for high and low they only used the bulbs with one electrode, because both are being used at the same time now, you need them to become brighter for high beam.

·
Registered
590 Posts
so in answer to your question, yes you need to change the bulb if you want to have high beams.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thank you , so the reason is they're dual element and h7's are not.all i needed to know.this type of little bit of info helps how-tos make sense. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts