Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok this helped answer my question some. Its got to be weird that the speedo stops but bike keeps gaining speed. I wonder what speed you are at when the speedo first hits 189
My 09 zx10r was doing the same, you hit 189mph, but the rpm are still increasing and so does your speed but you simply can't see it as the speedo is limited to 189mph. If I am right guys who are racing them flash their ECU and are available to change this setting and are able to see the speed on the speedometer past 189mph. But this is still not an accurate measure as when you ride 189mph your REAL speed is probably more around 175-180mph, no speedo is accurate when it comes to that speed.

·
Registered
742 Posts
So curious as to what te actual gps verified top speed of a unrestricted 1k bike is. Anyone wanna test it???

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
So curious as to what te actual gps verified top speed of a unrestricted 1k bike is. Anyone wanna test it???
No need to test really.

Kawasaki ZX10R Ninja 2010 Review at Seastar - Kawasaki Motorcycles UK

Given the information above and doing a bit of math, I'm getting a maximum of 185mph (geared). With a +5% margin of error (most speedos will read high), that should give us an indicated 194mph.

Edit:
May have the redline incorrect. Looks like maximum engine speed is 14,000 rpm so doing the same math I'm getting 207mph (geared).

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
+1 I would really like to see if manufacturers are keeping them under 200

·
Registered
640 Posts
And people wonder why you american's have a name for your self as straight line warriors. *yawn*

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm just simply curious that if the speedo stops at 189 but bike rpms an speed keep climbing what it's actually physically capable of in real life. I love twisty riding and racing but where I live that's all I have is straight lines. Wish I was cool enough to live in the playground across the pond

·
Registered
462 Posts
I know a guy has hit 208 on a 11 zx10r that was unrestricted.

·
Registered
861 Posts
And people wonder why you american's have a name for your self as straight line warriors. *yawn*
Second post I seen in two days about "us americans" with a smart remark.. Losing respect for people overseas on this forum.

On topic: keeping up in a straight.. no.. twistes or a track, its the rider. Still looking for a litre bike to ride this year.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just because I would like the statistic of straight line capabilities, and comparison of two class of bikes does not make me or anyone a straight line warrior. I prefer twisties over straight line anything any day of the week. But he question arose because of the governor, and my thought that with speedo error and if he governor was set to the speedo or actual speed of the bike. It's a single statistic about a multitude of things a bike can do.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
***First off I know that liter bikes with the same rider is a completely different beast than 600 class bike. I am not trying to debate why you dont need one or why one is better than the other for different types of riding.****

Ok after that disclaimer I have a few questions. I was watching a video of a r1 on the autobahn and it was the first time I saw a bike hit the governor which was 299kmh or 185.47 mph. The liters and hyper-bikes in the states are governed to 189 indicated. So my first question is that With the indicated being 189 wouldn't the actual mph really be in the high 160s low 170s. I ask that because I have seen 600s indicated at 171 on youtube but know that these bikes max realistically at around ~154-156.

My next question is does anyone know what the potential of these liter bikes are without the governor is?

And my final question is with a few mods for top end performance wouldnt a 600 be able to run, top end wise, with a bone stock liter

How about this... Since you are in MD. Take a trip to PA one day i'll let you ride my GSXR 1000 stretched and i'll swap the swing arm out and you can ride it stock, and you determine for yourself.

1000's will make you shit yourself. 600's are just a few stains here and there.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
My 1000 is fully built no restrictions set up for drag.

All motor fully built (my best time, street tires, spinning 1st and 2nd with slight kick from 3rd) ran an 8.43 at 179

I can take it out to get it dyno'ed this weekend and make a video for yall

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
How about this... Since you are in MD. Take a trip to PA one day i'll let you ride my GSXR 1000 stretched and i'll swap the swing arm out and you can ride it stock, and you determine for yourself.

1000's will make you shit yourself. 600's are just a few stains here and there.
Don't say it if you don't mean it lol I realize they are different beasts though and the torque is a major factor. I wasn't proposing in a race that the 600 could keep up but if the stock liter had its GPS top speed tracked with a governor and a modified 600 had it tracked would they be possibly within reaching distance BUT I will take that offer

·
Registered
640 Posts
For sure who doesn't prefer twisties, but you can't deny that a stereotypical American rider or driver is a straight line warrior. Majority of your roads are pretty straight and square turns and then another straight.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
For sure who doesn't prefer twisties, but you can't deny that a stereotypical American rider or driver is a straight line warrior. Majority of your roads are pretty straight and square turns and then another straight.
No, not really. Depending on where you are at in the country there wont be a straight road for quite a while. Just look around Tennessee, Georgia, and the rest of the Appalachian area. But then we do have states like Nebraska.

Yes the stereotypical American dose prefer straight lines, but on this forum we are not the stereotypical Americans

·
Registered
640 Posts
Only like us guys being told we like to drink tea with the queen ;)

Back on topic though, I will say one thing, went out this afternoon to get some fuel for tomorrow for the ZX6R, weird feeling for starters after riding the Husky for a while, buddy of mine came out too on his 08 Fireblade, had a little toy with him on a straight bit of road, 50mph, he was in 2nd, I was in 1st. His blade's stock, so we talking like 155hp at best? And the only thing I can put it down to is being a tooth down on the front and my quickshifter, because theres nothing between us until we're doing 150 where of course I'm clicking to 6th and he's going to 5th and has more power to go on through to 180.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
No, not really. Depending on where you are at in the country there wont be a straight road for quite a while. Just look around Tennessee, Georgia, and the rest of the Appalachian area. But then we do have states like Nebraska.

Yes the stereotypical American dose prefer straight lines, but on this forum we are not the stereotypical Americans
+1 there are good roads in most states and most real riders even make trips to good twisties so while we have straights we prefer twisties

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just posted on another thread my best mph gps clock is 168 on my 2020 Zx6r.

K&N RACE AIR FILTER
2 WHEEL DYNO WORKS TUNE
MJS RACE HEADER
MIVV MID PIPE
NIXX SLIP ON
O2 SENSOR ELIM
SERVO ELIM
AIS SYSYEM ELIM
GRAVES MOTORSPORT SMOG BLOCK OFF PLATES
-1 rear sprocket 520 chain driven sprockets
Michelin GP Tires

21 - 38 of 38 Posts