Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the exact size of the rubber hose that goes from the fuel tank to the fuel rail line ? For 07/08

Any help appreciated. My injectors are clogged and I am trying everything.

·
Registered
879 Posts
on my 13, and from that diagram it looks the same on the 07/08, that's not just a regular rubber hose. it's got special locking connectors on both ends of a hose that is protected with a mesh sleeve.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
If your trying to clean the injectors knowing the fuel line size isn't going to help much. You need the correct tool for cleaning them or you need to send them out to be cleaned. The services use an ultrasonic cleaner which works fantastically well. This is the DIY tool from Motion Pro.

They make a few different ones to cover the various flavors of injectors in use on motorcycles.

Fuel Injector Cleaner Kit for ND | Motion Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP3fUOkrN0M

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much guys. And yes that's the hose I was referring. I tried using some compressed air but I came to conclusion that the issue might be electronic because I find it hard to believe that all injectors are clogged so bad that NOTHING is going through. So I am going to look at my power commander set up. The bike cranks and even fires up momentarily if I spray some starter inside the intake. Spark plugs are dry and fire. Its the first start of the season. I never had any issues with this bike. Another thing I did was change the battery. So wondering if that changed fried the power commander .. not sure yet. If any ideas please are welcome. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Some history and a good description of the issue and it's symptoms would be helpful in providing some suggestions.

If it isn't getting any fuel at all have you checked the fuel pump and the filter/strainer to see if they are clogged?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fuel pump I can hear and see that when it engages a lot of fuel is pushed out of the tank with pressure. I cant say that the pressure is OK just by looking, but fuel comes out of the tank squirting. Spark plugs are dry and fire. The bike fires up if I spray starter fluid in the intake for a short moment. The injectors are not spraying anything. What I want to try next is remove power commander.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts