Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to look at this 07 6R on Friday. The dealer said they are vinyl so i'm guessing I can remove them buy the hairdryer/goo gone method. Just wanted to check with some people who have more experience with this. What about the tank and windscreen?

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
No idea bro i would of guessed the same Hairdry them off or pour boiling water over them and id probbaly fook the paint up in the process.

Either way I agree they need to go and look like shit!

Hope you got a bargin on it ;)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
If I was a dealer, that thing wouldn't be up for sale until someone had pulled the decals off and given it a good clean / polish to get the goo off.

Beat them down on price as much as you can, then point out you'd need a few hours to get the decals / crap off the bike too so you want another $100+ bux off it

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Yup, should be able to get them off that way with out too much difficulty...except potentially the windscreen - you may want to just replace that :O

If I was a dealer, that thing wouldn't be up for sale until someone had pulled the decals off and given it a good clean / polish to get the goo off.

Beat them down on price as much as you can, then point out you'd need a few hours to get the decals / crap off the bike too so you want another $100+ bux off it
Yup, do that, OP! It's going to take you AT LEAST a few hours to get those off...I'd guess in the neighborhood of 5-7

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Looks like non-oem plastics. I would question the guy a lot, test ride it when it is COLD. If he says it has "never been dropped" call bullshit and set a low price he will either accept, or you walk.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the tips guys. This is actually one of the biggest used bike places in the state. The bike has 12,000 miles on it and is priced fair id say but not a steal at $4960. Most all of their pictures are pretty low quality like that so I figured it would be best to go check it out in person and see. I'll be sure to check out everything ya'll pointed out also.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks for all the tips guys. This is actually one of the biggest used bike places in the state. The bike has 12,000 miles on it and is priced fair id say but not a steal at $4960. Most all of their pictures are pretty low quality like that so I figured it would be best to go check it out in person and see. I'll be sure to check out everything ya'll pointed out also.
That bike is not worth that much.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Most people here don't like stuff that's been abused by other people, but I find that to be the best way to get a great deal :O

I'd say lowball the shit out of the dealer and see if you can snag up a decent (potentially great) bike for nearly nothing...just my 2 cents

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Take a look at the Kawi stock photo and compare it. Might be the photo/lighting/angle, but the rear tire profile looks skinner to me :O

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Thanks guys....think i'm gonna pass and go the craigslist route. Seems to be a great way to save some $$$ to.
The nice thing with a dealer is that if you can talk them down enough to the point where you are getting a good price, you at least have more recourse if something does end up wrong with it - not true with private sellers from craigslist.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The nice thing with a dealer is that if you can talk them down enough to the point where you are getting a good price, you at least have more recourse if something does end up wrong with it - not true with private sellers from craigslist.
After doing more and more research about them turns out high prices and not so great service are the norm for that place. I guess I should have mentioned my twin brother has been riding for a while and knows his way around bikes a whole lot better then I do lol. He has agreed to help me out on my buying adventure. I've been riding on dirt since I was about 9 but im new to the street thing. He has an 05 636 that he let me ride whenever I wanted since he got it and I figure nows a great time to start looking for a bike since the ole lady has given me the ok.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts