Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I decided to take a trip out to see my sister who is a school teacher in a little town called Morven (Ha! A Wiki!) in Western Queensland. I decided to ride the bike for some god awful reason. My ass is so hating on my logic right now. Getting there was alright because we stayed over in Roma (half way-sh point) but on the way back I did a straight trip of 750km in quite quick fashion because I had to beat the sunset and the killer kangaroos that come with it. Honestly, coming in to Roma just on dark was one of the most frightening experiences of my life. 110km/h with road trains and Kangaroos jumping out at you from all directions is enough to put me off night riding forever.

Anyways, the trip wasn't too bad. I took pictures because I had nothing better to do and it gave me an excuse to get off the bike and actually move. The straights are nuts out here. I think you can go 200km easy without even going around a corner or changing down a gear. It sucked. I'm so glad I have someone working an Ohlins for me right now. I think I spent more time in the air than on the seat. I went about 50km in a row just standing cos my kidneys couldn't take anymore of a beating. I swear they don't even grate the land before whacking bitumen on, its so rough. I wonder how many people have lost teeth on that highway.

They obviously don't see many sportsbikes out here because I got stared at everywhere I went. They don't see many coasties either as we stick out like sore thumbs and everyone stares then, too. I think I saw like 2 bikes after getting into the Western Downs area. Seems they aren't too popular. I got attacked by toothless locals at every fuel stop. It was a disturbing experience. The country hicks are great though. I wanna live out here. The smell of cattle trucks beckons me. I love cows. Did I ever mention my love for the bovine species? I don't think I did. Now you know. I honked at every moo I saw. I honked a lot.

My sisters house was boring as hell, too. A week and a half without internet. Oh noes! Thats actually the main reason why I came back. I was at home with her boyfriend all day everyday and he inflicted farts and bad music taste on me. Woe. Anyway, she has pay TV so that made me giddy for all of 14 hours. I watched High School Musical 3 times (The Pop Up Version! What a great way to make an annoying movie even more annoying). Bless the Disney Channel and my personal obligation to watch anything with 'Musical' in the title. I secretly liked it though and I feel dirty because of that fact. Don't tell anyone, you'll wreck my street cred.

Oh well. Lesson learned. Never go on road trip in QLD on a sportsbike & never tune into the Disney Channel. Warn your children.

Haha. My bike is such a camera whore. She's working it.

Natural Gas. Haha.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Blind crossing? :confused

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Cool stuff:thumbup Road trips are cool:banana

Terrain looks a lot like west texas...

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
great story quarkz, closely rivaled by your pictures :hail :hail

i seriously just turned to my co-worker (from sydney fame), and ask "where the fuck is woop woop?!?!" to which she replied prolly by wagga wagga :O

curse your country and its funny words!

-:banana

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Great read, great pics Kylie. :thumbup

----

Woop woop isn't Wagga Wagga Crash. Woop woop is out in the sticks. :laugh

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
/me goes to check if theres any study abroad program in australia
There is, a good friend of mine did one a few years ago. I think he went to U-Melborne, there's also Monash U and probably a lot of others. Another friend of mine teaches econ at Monash, seems to like the area:O

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Monash and Deakin Uni's each have about half a dozen campuses scattered around the Melbourne area.

--

Wagga wagga is out in the sticks a bit but not like woop woop :laugh

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Good write up and great pics too.
Thanks for the post, Quarkz!
Awesome job.

Oh, "My bike is such a camera whore.".....
Just keep working it.
I love that bike.:hail

·
Registered
617 Posts
That's really cool Quarkz, lots of good pics!. Funny though?, you're bike seems to enjoy the camera more than you do, you're not camera shy now are you?:confused

·
Registered
10 Posts
you have to stop posting pics of your bike, my wife wont stop buggin me about gettin her that exhaust :) looked like an amazing trip

1 - 20 of 48 Posts