Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2019 ZX-6R and I really wanna get the quad lock stem mount. Its the perfect solution for what I want. I read that you're not supposed to use it if you have a lip in your fork stem. The 2019 fork stem has a little hex head in there. Does anyone know if it will work or how we can make it work?
Shoe Automotive tire Crankset Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400, 2020 Ninja zx6r
17 Posts
You would need this part.

And this part to attach to the ball.

Then your quaolock to ram mount. Be warn if your using an iPhone, you need their anti-vibration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would need this part.

And this part to attach to the ball.

Then your quaolock to ram mount. Be warn if your using an iPhone, you need their anti-vibration.
Thanks! it's less that ideal, i was hoping to avoid the 1in balls, I heard the come loose easily. but I suppose this is better than the alternatives.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400, 2020 Ninja zx6r
17 Posts
Thanks! it's less that ideal, i was hoping to avoid the 1in balls, I heard the come loose easily. but I suppose this is better than the alternatives.
Had it on my 2020 zx6r, trust me it won't come undone. I can take pictures if you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had it on my 2020 zx6r, trust me it won't come undone. I can take pictures if you want.
I believe you. I would like to see how you have it set up though. I'm concerned about the ignition being in the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can adjust whichever you like it. Here is my setup. I choose the RAM ball mount composite. The other option aluminum one.
ok cool thanks! looks like shipping is 2-3 weeks so i'm probably not gonna buy it just yet. I'm only about 4 weeks away from heading out the door on deployment.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The 1" balls are fine. Have 3 on my current bike with thousands of miles on them. My GoPro mount is actually a 3D printed ball that bolts down with a 3D printed clamp to another ball with a GoPro finger mount. My Garmin Zumo XT mount is a RAM mount to a ball that is bolted down with one of the handlebar bolts. Have another Ball that is a U clamp around the bar. I have used it for a cup holder. LOL that almost killed me cause it made me like a HD but needed a place to put my drink when I rode thru a fast food drive thru. Sack with burger and fries I can stick between my stomach and the tank bag but hard to hold a large drink and ride. All of the mounts have done well and generally stay tight without problems. I occasionally check to make sure they are tight. I have a tether on the Zumo as I dont trust the base where the Zumo click into it. Good think as the Zumo fell off in Michigan and the tether saved it!

I do have a iPhone Xs that the camera is messed up open using it on the handlebars of my BMW F800GT (traded it for the Tracer GT). The bars on that bike had a really bad vibration. I think the ZX6R would not have the vibration and what vibration it has would be a higher frequency - I still dont recommend putting an iPhone on the bars. The facial recognition on my Xs failed in July so I bought a 12 and kept the Xs for stuff like navigation. I'll use the 12 for a short trip of like riding to dinner and back but not the all day navigation. Zumo XT is for that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 1" balls are fine. Have 3 on my current bike with thousands of miles on them. My GoPro mount is actually a 3D printed ball that bolts down with a 3D printed clamp to another ball with a GoPro finger mount. My Garmin Zumo XT mount is a RAM mount to a ball that is bolted down with one of the handlebar bolts. Have another Ball that is a U clamp around the bar. I have used it for a cup holder. LOL that almost killed me cause it made me like a HD but needed a place to put my drink when I rode thru a fast food drive thru. Sack with burger and fries I can stick between my stomach and the tank bag but hard to hold a large drink and ride. All of the mounts have done well and generally stay tight without problems. I occasionally check to make sure they are tight. I have a tether on the Zumo as I dont trust the base where the Zumo click into it. Good think as the Zumo fell off in Michigan and the tether saved it!

I do have a iPhone Xs that the camera is messed up open using it on the handlebars of my BMW F800GT (traded it for the Tracer GT). The bars on that bike had a really bad vibration. I think the ZX6R would not have the vibration and what vibration it has would be a higher frequency - I still dont recommend putting an iPhone on the bars. The facial recognition on my Xs failed in July so I bought a 12 and kept the Xs for stuff like navigation. I'll use the 12 for a short trip of like riding to dinner and back but not the all day navigation. Zumo XT is for that.
Maybe look into getting a vibration damper? I certainly will when I eventually buy the phone mount

1 - 9 of 9 Posts