Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself and give a brief intro. My name’s Ross user name Ptel555. Got my first bike (used 2012 Ninja 650) about a year and a half ago. Learned on that and was enjoying it but felt overall cramped and wanted a better fitting bike. Swung a leg over a ZX6R and fell in love. Went to my local Kawi dealer and after talking they offered me what I originally paid for on my old bike. So traded towards my 2022 ZX6R and love it. Just got passed the break in period and still getting a feel for the bike. But overall loving the jump in quality, and performance.

Really hoping to eventually take it to track days at least once a month during the riding season. Hoping to find information on what and where the best tracks and clubs are for it. Familiar with racing as I used to drift and do auto cross back in the day. Any tips and tricks to prepare for track days, and also general riding would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading and here are some pics of my baby.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! Great writeup and photos. For a super sport the ergonomics of the ZX6R are not bad. I had a CBR600RR before my ZX6R and was surprised that the bend of the knee was less on the ZX6R than the CBR. Bend at waste a bit more but riding all day the ZX6R was more comfy. LOL can't believe I'm talking comfy for a super sport. Nice step up from the Ninja 650. Same weight but much better power, suspension and brakes.
Yea it was actually more uncomfortable for me to ride on my Ninja 650 because of my legs being cramped. Would get a sharp pain in my hip after long rides and had a hard time keeping the balls of my feet on the pegs.
Now with the ZX6 I can easily keep proper position. And instead of my hip hurting everything hurts equally……no regrets. Lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts