Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
So as part of the normal track prep, I started cleaning my chain and surprise-surprise I discovered this:

Seems that the "clip" part of my clip masterlink abandon ship at some point during my last race and there was nothing holding it on except the hopes and dreams of a poor, red-headed, wanna-be racer! Anyway, fortunately I had a spare chain from my ZX10R that was in great shape and used a RIVET style master link! 20 mins later the swap was done and we are back in business!!!

Funny story...this "new" chain...was the same one I spit off at Tally a couple years ago hahaha (that incident was due to my incompetency during the installation of the master link by the way). The chain survived and is in great shape minus some scrapes as from when it slithered off the track! Here's the video from that day:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Cause it's expendable and the temps aren't gonna be super warm. I've got plenty of SC1/2 take offs, but didnt want to waste them at Jennings for the season's "ice-breaker". I'd rather run the SC3 for a few days getting back up to speed on the 600 before putting in the sticky stuff.

I've been on the 300 for the last 6 months, I need time to adapt to the speeds ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Going racing tomorrow fellas! Gonna be at the STT practice day, trying to get the gearing set for the weekend. I'm using the same front tire from Jennings that has 85ish laps on it (Pirelli SC3 slick) but swapped on a SuperCorsa SP V3 rear. The size is smaller with a 180/55. Feels WAY lighter.... Hopefully I can pull a rabbit out of the hat and get mixed up with the leading pack!

I'll do a Day 1 recap tomorrow night.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I can't wait to read the review on going to a 180/55! from 180/60?

Reactions: Neonmarine

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah I've had a couple 180/60 rear on for a few days now. One Pirelli SC2 rear and the Dunlop GPA-Pro 180/60, we'll see how it goes!
The best thing that happened to me for tires on my zx6 is the day the trackside vendor didn't have a 180/55 and I had to put a Pirelli 180/60 on. I was introduced to a whole new world.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Either one will get you around the track. :) You will have better gearing for getting out of the corner.

Reactions: Neonmarine

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Well...the time has come to say good-bye to the stock shock and (finally) upgrade the rear suspension. It's 22 days until the next WERA round at Roabling and I found this little gem on eBay:

I'll try to get it refreshed in time for the race weekend, but might have to just stuff it in there. Still need to refresh the entire topend of the motor after the water pump let go over the weekend!

Argh so much to do!

181 - 192 of 192 Posts