Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting to have a collection of pics from people that have customized their bike and a before/after collection of pics. Whether you needed new fairings, or just wanted to change the look of your bike in a major way let's see what you have done. If you have just changed the exhaust or still have a basically stock bike this isn't necessary, but I know there are some people on here who have put a lot of time and ingenuity into their rides.

I'm not the best example, but here is what I have had so far. First pic is the bike the day I bought it.

Track fairings painted and on, along with a bunch of other custom and aftermarket goodies

Re-painted street plastics and basically how the bike is now

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I thought it would be interesting to have a collection of pics from people that have customized their bike and a before/after collection of pics. Whether you needed new fairings, or just wanted to change the look of your bike in a major way let's see what you have done. If you have just changed the exhaust or still have a basically stock bike this isn't necessary, but I know there are some people on here who have put a lot of time and ingenuity into their rides.

I'm not the best example, but here is what I have had so far. First pic is the bike the day I bought it.

Track fairings painted and on, along with a bunch of other custom and aftermarket goodies

Re-painted street plastics and basically how the bike is now
Very nice mate, this is the look I want to go for on my B1H over the winter but minus the red where's mine will be green.

·
Registered
64 Posts
here is a few photos of my 04 zx6r over the past two summers. I have aftermarket signals and integrated taillight, pinebox exhaust, black wind screen, pazzo levers, K&N air filter. its coming along great

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely remember your bike Scoobs. The Marlboro theme looks killer, you did a great job with it. Although that green flake is pretty groovy too! haha

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
how she started

tore down

after lots of goodes and a lot hrs and work

as it is now

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
@ Crazy

-- I kinda like that first pic (with upper & chin spoiler) look.

@ Orange

-- What happened with the first headlight set up? You prefer the single round light better?
-- About your second to the last pic..... how the hell do you find anything in there? :laugh

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I wanted to make a cafe racer out of it so the street fighter headlight wont do. if i were to make a street fighter i would use the big twin headlights off a speed triple. i like the old school look i guess

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Subtle changes over the years...

Not to long after I got her, Had stuff ordered for here before I took delivery.

new windscreen...

2008 new ZX6R shock, undertail, hugger & ZX6R front mudguard ...

2009 Tech-spec tank grips, another hugger(carbon fiber)....

RS-3...

2011 new swinger...

And now...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All the custom bikes on here are great. I was gonna do more to mine, but now with all this talk of a 2013 636 I am waiting to see if it's real

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Here's how mine started, When I got it it was actually a bunch of parts in a box. This was the first pic I got

Then I started adding a few aftermarket bits

When she was all done and brand new (to me) at my first track day on her

This is how she looked after I lowsided on the same day:coocoo

This is how she looked after she was all fixed up and few shiny bits added as well

This is pretty much how she sits now, I changed my exhaust and a few small things, threw on some vinyl and never got her painted lol

I already got big plans in the works for what I am going to do over the winter. Suspension (TTX and front cartridges), get my KIT ECU installed and tuned, fresh coat of paint and some powder coating, Brembo MC and the list keeps growing....

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Killer bike Smokey, you don't have to get it painted cause it already looks sexy in white. I think those newer 6's make great looking track bikes...and performing of course too

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not to long after I got her, Had stuff ordered for here before I took delivery.

new windscreen...

2008 new ZX6R shock, undertail, hugger & ZX6R front mudguard ...

2009 Tech-spec tank grips, another hugger(carbon fiber)....

RS-3...

2011 new swinger...

And now...
Do you ride that thing damn squicky clean BRO

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Just clicked over the 50,000 mark last week.

Reactions: AgentOrange

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Can I play?

Before: Poor thing was lowered and not clean enough by ANY means :plain:

As she sits now...Top is most recent (as in a couple hours ago) :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts