Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Im new to the forum and like all newbees came on here for some help.

I have been installing a power commander 3 for sometime now on the Ninja whilst it has been in storage at my parents garage.

Its taken a while because of the air box needing removing and me having no time to do it. (the joys of children)

I have finally completed the work, hooking up the Power commander to the to existing wire loom and and reconnecting everything. Even put me a K and N filter in.

I have in the meantime removed/unclipped the ECU etc (in the right fairing, near the indicator) for around 2-3months whilst the bike was just sitting there. (just mentioning this in case this is the problem)

Put everything back on today including replacing the air filter

Charged the battery a bit. I reckon it needs further charging. Im using a Ctek 8.0 It seems to only have got to stage 3 at this point. I reckon I ran the battery pretty flat ( I realise I may have killed it)

Anyway when switching the ignition on the Tacho doesn't have the mileage etc on it and run through the start up process at all. It illuminates and then registers at 2000 rpm and the light that lights the RPM dial flashes on and off. I can also hear clicking (whilst not depressing the starter button)

Question is...........is this gonna be a battery problem or a result of putting on the ECU. Im gonna try the bike tomorrow after a full night of charging.......but I reckon Im off to the shop for a battery, which isn't an issue.

I just don't want an ECU problem.

Help and reassurance required!!!! Ta Mike

:)

·
Registered
922 Posts
sounds like the battery. start there first with a full charge and re-test. Start simple first.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I second the battery as it just happened to me.
Same problem exactly.
replaced battery and was all good.

also, I think you had removed the fuse relay box as the ECU is located under the seat.

good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

That will be my ignorance then, Thought it was the ECU.

I will see how charging it goes but if not I will price up a new battery. To be fair the battery is now 5-6 years old and not greatly looked after

Thanks, Im feeling less stressed now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts