Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
I'm doing some renovations to my house, so I'm looking into selling my bike to free up some cash. I have no idea what to put it on craigslist for, but I have seen dealerships in my area list them(this summer) anywhere from $4,500 all the way up to $5,500, but they were all stock 08s. It's in very good condition, garage kept, fairings are good, no cracks. What would you expect to pay/sell an 08 with the below mods for?

My bike has:
16,500 miles-All maintenance up to date
MJS Headers(cat delete)
Akrapovic Slip-on
PC5 with custom map
K&N Race Filter
Annitori Quickshifter(Up only)
ECU Flash by Schnitz Racing
GPR Steering Damper
Woodcraft frame sliders and spools
Woodcraft rearsets with woodcraft lever and pedal
Woodcraft clip-ons with 1.5" risers
Vortex levers
Spiegler steel brake lines
-1 Vortex Front Sprocket(replaced this year)
-2 Driven Rear Sprocket(replaced this year)
DID Chain(replaced this year)
Puig green double bubble
Bar End Mirrors(have the stock mirrors as well)
Stock rear shocks- resprung for 225lbs
Front shocks-resprung for 225lbs

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hey all,
I'm doing some renovations to my house, so I'm looking into selling my bike to free up some cash. I have no idea what to put it on craigslist for, but I have seen dealerships in my area list them(this summer) anywhere from $4,500 all the way up to $5,500, but they were all stock 08s. It's in very good condition, garage kept, fairings are good, no cracks. What would you expect to pay/sell an 08 with the below mods for?

My bike has:
16,500 miles-All maintenance up to date
MJS Headers(cat delete)
Akrapovic Slip-on
PC5 with custom map
K&N Race Filter
Annitori Quickshifter(Up only)
ECU Flash by Schnitz Racing
GPR Steering Damper
Woodcraft frame sliders and spools
Woodcraft rearsets with woodcraft lever and pedal
Woodcraft clip-ons with 1.5" risers
Vortex levers
Spiegler steel brake lines
-1 Vortex Front Sprocket(replaced this year)
-2 Driven Rear Sprocket(replaced this year)
DID Chain(replaced this year)
Puig green double bubble
Bar End Mirrors(have the stock mirrors as well)
Stock rear shocks- resprung for 225lbs
Front shocks-resprung for 225lbs
If you have the stock parts and a lot
Of time it’s way more lucrative to sell the aftermarket stuff separate and then the bike. Most people don’t want to pay for add ons that they may or may not like.

That said I’d say $4500- $5000 for your bike seems fair.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
1) whats your opinion on your MJS headers? i too was thinking of those.

2) price seems fair, ask $5k, be prepared to settle for $4k if you want the bike gone faster. I would suggest FB marketplace though, over craigslist, as i think CL charges now for listing fees (but fact-check this) and with everyone these days having smartphones and FB, your FB marketplace ad would probably get more views. Def take good pics with scenic backgrounds, the little things like that could help the mind of a buyer be more keen on extending an offer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1) whats your opinion on your MJS headers? i too was thinking of those.

2) price seems fair, ask $5k, be prepared to settle for $4k if you want the bike gone faster. I would suggest FB marketplace though, over craigslist, as i think CL charges now for listing fees (but fact-check this) and with everyone these days having smartphones and FB, your FB marketplace ad would probably get more views. Def take good pics with scenic backgrounds, the little things like that could help the mind of a buyer be more keen on extending an offer.
1) They're ok... They look nice, but at the end of the day they're just the stock headers going from 4-2-1 then ceramic coated. If you can find a local shop to do the same it'd probably be cheaper and the results would be the same.(I had a hard time finding local guys that wanted to even try it) I actually have a set of decat headers(no o2 bung), that I can send you for the price of shipping if you want them.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I actually have a set of decat headers(no o2 bung), that I can send you for the price of shipping if you want them.
sure, sending pm

If i remember correctly, the o2 sensor is a downstream emissions sensor meant to trigger the FI light due to the cat delete, so the o2 sensor has to be deleted with an aftermarket exhaust or else i'll have that FI light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts