Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone..!! I'm new to this site, and just purchased an '07 ZX-6R. Man, I love my new machine..!!! I am going to be doing my own wrenching and was wondering what oils, (brands) are preffered for the ZX-6. I also noticed that the oil filter is on the side of the motor, it appears that when the filter is pulled on an oil change it can get pretty messy.. Does the fairing need to be pulled to do the oil change???:coocoo

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was using reg Kawi stuff, then Cyclegear has Castrol Actevo on sale, so I got that. They both seem to work fine.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I've seen oil discussions get pretty heated in the past. It seems everyone has a different opinion about what brand is best for your bike and then there is the natural/synthetic debate. You won't find an answer set in concrete! I use Motul personally.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If it works its good. Castrol for me ;-)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've seen oil discussions get pretty heated in the past. It seems everyone has a different opinion about what brand is best for your bike and then there is the natural/synthetic debate. You won't find an answer set in concrete! I use Motul personally.
i must agree quarkz but always been under the impression if you know what oil has been run keep on using it if it is of good quality

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
^^^ One of my favorite links.

I have no 6. But I use Motul 5100 (10W/40)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback everyone... Much appreciated. I took my scooter to the stealership and had my initial 600 mile check-up, and went with Repsol 10/40W. They have a amateur road race team and one of the race team wrenches talked me into Repsol. He said at the 4,000 mile point, go Repsol full synthetic, (I had 900 miles on it when I took it in). Like several of you said, it is a matter of opinion..!!! But hey, are you guys removing the fairings to get the job done??

My BRAND NEW ZX-6 and my dads' 1800-F fully trick..!!!!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Damn, nice bike mate. That colour looks superb! Welcome to the forum by the way :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Same as Quarkz, MOTUL. If it's good enough for Rossi........

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just switched over from the Kawasaki stuff to Amsoil Syn Motorcycle Oil. And no you dont need to take the fairing off. Most of the oil drains back out of the filter before you take it off. Was a very simple job.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Motul Full Synthetic! A friend of mine is the region distributor and he supplies the automotive oils in the region. The Race Teams who use the Motul Oil hardly ever have any engine failures due to oil. They keep coming out with better stuff all the time. Their brake fluid is rated at 600+ degrees too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts