Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I got PCV installed and dyno tuned for my bike few weeks ago. its been fine until last sunday went out with some mates on their 1000cc bike and i was keeping up good in fact i got one of them who was on a naked CB1000 to never want to come out with it again because he could not keep up with my 600 😂😂. Before i digress, on the way back in the evening my bike started to stutter and loose power the engine light came on and it was flashing F/L power KTRC off . so i stopped and checked the error code which was 42 and that referred to the fuel injector #2 fail no signal, wiring short or open.
ECU shuts off the signal to the injector and it stops KQS control and the feedback control with the oxygen. Fuel is not supplied to the cylinder #2 .
So, I called the PCV dealer that did the installation and they came and got my bike and said when he check the clip on injector 2 was broken(🤷‍♂️) so another was ordered. got the bike back on Wednesday took it out yesterday to test, i had barely done 6miles before the same thing happened again this time i stopped and checked the error code and it was 44 which means the same as above but on injector 4 this time around. I have called the dealer again and he said he will just replace the whole PCV rather than just the clip.
Has anybody experience this? Any idea

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im still waiting for the replacement but removing it fixed the problem. So obviously the problem is the PCV

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I have not heard of a PCV failing like that before, so it's probably defective. I would contact Dynojet directly and ask for a warranty replacement. When you get the new one, make sure you update the firmware on it before installing it. When installing, check that the fittings are fully connected and snapped in place. The shop that originally did the work should have notice the problem on a test ride. I would bring it to another shop if there is one near you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts