Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ZX636R 06 and find the initial opening of the throttle a bit snatchy, is there anything I can do to make it smoother? :O

Cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When closing the throttle to slow down and opening again, the acceleration comes in suddenly making the bike feel like it lurches forward rather than a smooth acceleration. It's more of an issue in the wet when you need to smooth with the throttle, but is not a big problem so I don't want to spend a lot.

Cheers

·
Registered
450 Posts
I picked up this OEM power delivery smoother outer about 40yrs ago...works like a charm....

·
Registered
348 Posts
Or your chain is on too tight. But yeah there is kinda of a lag in the stock throttle cable, like 5-10mm. You can adjust it easily at home. Check the file vault for the service manual, it shows the procedure in there. Go from there and keep us posted... :thumbup

·
Registered
900 Posts
Now more bikes are FI this is becoming more apparent. My GSR suffered really badly from it, even air density could affect it, a PCIII didn't cure the problem. I'm still a member of a GSR forum and its weird how some bikes seem to be affected and others don't, I know it ain't my riding as I've ridden other GSRs and had no problem. I've also heard this afflicts 2007 Fireblades too, emissions regs are making the problem worse.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to the people who actually gave useful replies.:) It's pretty much as I thought then it's just natural as it's always been that way, and from what I've read previously it seems to part of FI bikes. A PC may sort it but to me it's not worth the money. I'll look into that cable adjustment though.

To the "clever people" diagnosing throttle control issues, you're really funny guys are you sure your not comedians cos you seem really smart?:coocoo

·
Registered
450 Posts

To the "clever PERSON" diagnosing throttle control issues, you're really funny guys are you sure your not comedians cos you seem really smart?:coocoo
There, fixed it for ya. Let's be honest, I was the only one you felt was being a smartass.

But the irony is...you've come to the conclusion that your power delivery issues are intrinsic to the bike. Therefore my reply is spot on. If the bike is what it is...then you have to change the rider to solve the problem.

My apologies if you felt offended...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts