Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get an M4 slip-on exhaust for my '09 six. I am unfortunately pretty much a noob as this would by my first aftermarket exhaust. Ive been doing some research, but I think you guys are the best to ask. Do I need a power commander to change the fuel map with a slip on or is that only necessary for full systems? If so, what should I get?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I want to get an M4 slip-on exhaust for my '09 six. I am unfortunately pretty much a noob as this would by my first aftermarket exhaust. Ive been doing some research, but I think you guys are the best to ask. Do I need a power commander to change the fuel map with a slip on or is that only necessary for full systems? If so, what should I get?
U dont need a pc with a slip on. I asked this same question recently
http://zx6r.com/zx6r/40295-i-know-i-m-noob.html

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks Rob

·
Registered
432 Posts
you can re-map yer bike stock and get more HP. but you dont need to at all, you will be just fine. only get a PC if yer trying to squeeze out some more HP from yer zx6r.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard you have to remove the catalytic converter to install the pipe. Is that true? Is it easy to do?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plus isn't that really illegal?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
No you do not remove the catalytic converter with the M4, that is in the header. You do have to remove the big box aka the pre chamber to install the M4 gp. A fuel controller is only necessary when removing the catalytic converter, the honeycomb barrier just inside the header. That being said with the M4 if you remove the cat, get a fuel controller and a tune your bike will feel like a whole new bike with a custom tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts