Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys

I just got a new PCIII and I want to load a map in, but the software can not do that; the computer can't recognize PCIII on the USB. :(

What now?

Yes, i properly installed the software, yes, I put a 9V battery on, the PC3 works, lights go up, but it just won't make a connection to the computer. :confused

tnx, guys

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, i managed now to connect it, thank god, but now i get "Error sending Power Commander Map Incompatable Map Version (139 != 151)" error.
What does that mean?!

I'm exhausted...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well in programming parlance != means "not equal". Where did you get the map file from?

I got it from Dynojet site.
Well, I managed somehow to fix that - I copy/pasted entire rows and columns of the "Mivv and replacement filter" into a stock map and saved it and loaded it in! :thumbup

Now I only have to connect it to the bike. And by just looking at the instructions it makes me wanna puke. :puke

I thought it was much easier, like plug-and-play kind of way. This is more like disassemle-half-the-bike-plug-reassemble-half-the-bike-and-play... :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Use a laptop and fiddle with it on the bike. Taking it off and dragging it inside is wayyyy too much work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use a laptop and fiddle with it on the bike. Taking it off and dragging it inside is wayyyy too much work.

OK, thanks, but now i have bigger problems:
I managed to plug in throttle position connectors,
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6268/img0308tz3.jpg
but I can't plug in the throttle body connector; the sockets and slots are just not right - the pins, the size, everything! :confused
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5833/img0307ua9.jpg

Did anyone had this problem? :rant :banghead

Please, help.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Just installed mine. The only problem I had was it was a little difficult to unplug the stock connectors from the injectors. Otherwise no problems. Sorry to see you got the wrong one! That's gotta suck...

·
Registered
48 Posts
i had the same problem and i assumed the same thing. i reread the instructions VERY carefully and realized i was trying to attch the wrong wire. luckily i hadnt started tearing the connectors apart to jerry rig it yet. hopefully this is the same problem you are having and this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts