Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any type of power commander for a 2001 ZX6R?

Or am I looking & limited to the following mods for more power out of my J1: Ignition timing advance,
Ivans jet kit,
Needle shimming?

Ive also read about a 636 header. Is it a DIRECT bolt on? will it fit to my current pipe or will i have to weld anything? If o do this, whats the real advantage?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Try the +4 Factory Pro Ingnition Advance Rotor...definitely made a difference on my 01...thanks.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Ive also read about a 636 header. Is it a DIRECT bolt on? will it fit to my current pipe or will i have to weld anything? If o do this, whats the real advantage?
I've heard that it works but we tried fitting my header to our 2002 636 (Not 6R so there may be a difference) and it didn't work. There simply wasn't enough clearance.

·
Registered
900 Posts
A powercommander is for FI bikes, as yours has carbs you'll need a dynojet kit, this changes the needles and main jets in each carb, also a good setup on a rolling road,

·
Registered
604 Posts
if this is done, is it just plug and play? anything else you need to do if installed?

·
Registered
76 Posts
try some gearng with the motor i sugest a uni filter they are cheep i picked mine up for $13 i think if ur not using a poweradder use the +4 advance kit by factory pro but deff gearing for the street i run -1 +2 and for the track i run -1+6 start with the front sproket first then ride it for a week or so then go ahead with the back its just diffrent to get use to on the street !

·
Registered
114 Posts
What would be the difference in the uk cdi and our u.s.? Hey also you might want to remove your KCA valve under your air box. Here is the link.http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=131286
It will put more air into your engine allowing you to put more fuel and reap the extra hp from it all. It seems pretty simple but I haven't done it yet. Plan on doing it manana.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts