Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loaded the map and installed my new PC3 to my 2006 zx6r yesterday afternoon. After the installation, I was able to start the engine without problems and it seemed to be working fine (50 degrees of). This morning (30 degrees) when I tried to start the engine it made pop sounds. I assumed it was because it was just warming up then it stalled. I was unable to start the engine again (battery is in good condition). I would really appreciate you:no:r advice.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
check over the installtion and make sure you have the connectors on the pc going to the right place. also wat map did you got download into the pc ?

·
Registered
465 Posts
It's a pain, but can you take the PC off & see if it will start? Sounds like the map you loaded advanced the hell out of your timing!

·
Registered
108 Posts
You most likely missed a connection. Happened to me two weeks ago putting one on a buddies cbr1000. Actually one of the pins bent, which is why it was not making the connection.

Either way good luck man.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZX Racer
Because I didn't find the map for the Yoshimura RS-5 slip on, DynoJet sent me the following email:
"on Our predeveloped map #M218-008 ( Akrapovic slip-on exhaust Sotck or aftermarket filter) is the closest to your setup that we currently have available in our map database library. The air flow characteristics between the two setups should be similar enough for the map to work for you as a starting point You also always have the option to have the bike dyno tuned and custom mapped specifically for your bike's setup and or riding style if you like at one of our approved tuning centers in your local area if you want to get it 100% optimized.

Thank you all for the advice. I will go over the installation process again.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
ZX Racer
Because I didn't find the map for the Yoshimura RS-5 slip on, DynoJet sent me the following email:
"on Our predeveloped map #M218-008 ( Akrapovic slip-on exhaust Sotck or aftermarket filter) is the closest to your setup that we currently have available in our map database library. The air flow characteristics between the two setups should be similar enough for the map to work for you as a starting point You also always have the option to have the bike dyno tuned and custom mapped specifically for your bike's setup and or riding style if you like at one of our approved tuning centers in your local area if you want to get it 100% optimized.

Thank you all for the advice. I will go over the installation process again.
yea most of all the dj slipon maps are the same. just download the closest map you see for your mods and try that. it should get you pretty close or if you want you can have the bike dyno tune. most shops charge around 250-300 bucks tho. but check the installtion and plugs and make sure you didnt plug one up in the wrong place ive seen people do this hundred of times.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just tried the map suggested but the bike didn't start. I will take the PC3 off and hope it will start again. Also, I hope I didn’t mess up the engine

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just tried the map suggested but the bike didn't start. I will take the PC3 off and hope it will start again. Also, I hope I didn’t mess up the engine
My 06 RR needs to be running before the map will load. Same deal for the R's correct?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many Thanks guys,
I went over the installation again and I found out that I plugged the cables in the wrong order. This forum ahs been very helpful

·
Registered
465 Posts
Glad to hear you got it sorted!

·
Registered
421 Posts
nice, sounds like another prob fixed by the forums woot!

What parts you got on your bike?

Ive got a Yoshi RS-5 with K&N Filter and I got a custom map, I dunno whether you'd wanna try that?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the same yoshi RS-5 slip on with a K&n filter. I would like to try the map you got. Thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
ok sweet well give me today to try and get the map off and ill get it to ya

·
Registered
421 Posts
hey orkin, im sooo sorry its taken so long but been a bit busy.

anyhow I got the map off my bike just now. Gimme an email and its yours.

Ill also send you a picture of the power/torque graph printout I got from the shop.

·
Registered
818 Posts
mine is an 06 with an rs-5 and i used the akra map as they suggested to you.
the bike only did 80 miles to the tank but felt very punchy in the mid range.
i took it to a dyno centre and they found another 8bhp which in turn made it all smoother and uses 1/3 less fuel.

theres nothing like a custom map for your specific bike but PHo's map will be close :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mine apparently only got an extra 4 bhp but smoothed out a nice trough in the middle of the power and torque curves. Actually noticeable....even by me ;-)

If any one else wants the map, give me a holla

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey PHo,
I got the map you sent . I'll give it a try and let you know guys.

Thanks !!!

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry about opening this old thread as my first, but I'd be really interested how the map went. Been having a little trouble finding the right map myself and funds don't stretch to a custom map at the present time.
I really like the sound of Yoshi's map but if it's right for mine is a different story...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts