Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
i would get the pcv bc it controlls all eight injectors vs the pc3 only controls 4 plus the pcv has more tuning options.

·
Registered
586 Posts
If you go to power commanders web page they don't have the pcIII offered for the 07/08 anymore. They show just the pcV now. They still have the downloads for the pcIII available if you decide to go that route.

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
what about dynojet vs. bazzaz?
Tag, I'm in.

As far as just fuel controlling goes, there's not a huge difference between the PCV and Bazzaz Z-Fi. The software is similar, they both control all eight injectors (though I can't remember if the PCV does it w/o an add on), they both can have different fuel settings per gear, etc. It's when you start getting into the extra goodies when they start getting different.
Let's talk quick shifters, both Bazzaz and Dynojet have QS systems. But the Bazzaz system enables you to set a different kill time for each gear change, while Dynojet's only does one kill time. The PCV kills fuel while the Z-Fi kills spark, but that part isn't as important.
Options the other doesn't have. Dynojet has an ignition module for some bikes, which gives you the option of adjusting ignition timing. Bazzaz does not have a product that does that, at this time. However, Bazzaz has the only afordable traction control system on the market. The Bazzaz Z-Fi TC is a fuel controller, quick shifter, and traction control system, all rolled into one, and retails for $949.95. Which makes it cheaper than any other TC system on the market by at least $14k

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Tag, I'm in.

As far as just fuel controlling goes, there's not a huge difference between the PCV and Bazzaz Z-Fi. The software is similar, they both control all eight injectors (though I can't remember if the PCV does it w/o an add on), they both can have different fuel settings per gear, etc. It's when you start getting into the extra goodies when they start getting different.
Let's talk quick shifters, both Bazzaz and Dynojet have QS systems. But the Bazzaz system enables you to set a different kill time for each gear change, while Dynojet's only does one kill time. The PCV kills fuel while the Z-Fi kills spark, but that part isn't as important.
Options the other doesn't have. Dynojet has an ignition module for some bikes, which gives you the option of adjusting ignition timing. Bazzaz does not have a product that does that, at this time. However, Bazzaz has the only afordable traction control system on the market. The Bazzaz Z-Fi TC is a fuel controller, quick shifter, and traction control system, all rolled into one, and retails for $949.95. Which makes it cheaper than any other TC system on the market by at least $14k
with the PCV you need the secondary fuel module..well my buddies R1 needed it so he could use his quick shifter. and soon as ET says the bazzaz system is ready for the 05/06 ill be selling my PC3 and getting bazzaz

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
with the PCV you need the secondary fuel module..well my buddies R1 needed it so he could use his quick shifter. and soon as ET says the bazzaz system is ready for the 05/06 ill be selling my PC3 and getting bazzaz
I'm not even sure that uses the secondary injectors to modify the fuel input then; it might only hook into them so it can shut off all the fuel during the quick shift.

And hopefully by the end of feb we'll have the 05-06 sytem ready to ship.

·
Registered
323 Posts
soon as ET says the bazzaz system is ready for the 05/06 ill be selling my PC3 and getting bazzaz
let me know when you decide to, if i don't have one ill be happy to buy yours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts