Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Poweder Coating

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rkt14 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can offer a recommendation on a good rim powder coating company.

Never really thought about doing it before, but now I think I want to, so before I research and go to the wrong place, anyone with A+ experiences ?

Thanks!

#2 ·
You just need to look around for someone local. I can tell you that you will make a mistake if you vet options according to price. And you might also want to look into anodizing depending on what parts you want colored. I made the mistake of powder coating my fork tubes once and never again. Those should always be anodized.

#3 ·
Definitely look for a local powder coating company. The shipping would kill you if I were to do your wheels.

Wheels are one of the most common items requested to be powder coated so you aren't asking for anything crazy.

#5 ·
Johnny P at GTA Customs, he specializes in motorcycles and is good mechanic as well, also he's a Kawi nut and ride a 13 636 so he would know your bike well.
Great dudes, great work and great prices.

#8 ·
Naw I had a buddy who had a gixxer with white wheels and they were a chore to keep clean, I don't want to have to worry about cleaning my wheels too much especially after every ride lol !

I have accented my bike in red and would love to have my wheels coated in red as well !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.