Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Short video of a high pucker-factor moment last weekend. I signed up for the C group to ride with a friend on a KTM 990SMT who hadn't been to the track for a few years, and for the first time on the big Katoom.

Late afternoon session and I came up on 4 riders exiting turn 5 (called the Cyclone). I spotted the 2nd rider in the group as being one of the real slow riders so I made a plan to go around at the exit of turn 6. What I didn't expect was for the coach to wave the rider across the line to join her on the outside of the track! There was just a moment of hesitation then I kept on the throttle and split them. It seemed like it got pretty close but it probably wasn't really that bad.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Reactions: Off Camber

·
Registered
403 Posts
April 13, 2014 Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch new 2.1 mile East course, just opened in November 2013. My second outing on my 2003 zx6r, before that I was on a 2000 Triumph TT600
SMMR April 13 2014 on Vimeo

April 27, 2014 Streets of Willow Springs, third outing on the zx6r
streets of willow 4-27-14 on Vimeo

I bought a season pass with TrackXperience, so if any of you west coasters are at one of their events, look me up.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
My first time riding in Advance!!! Went to Barber this past weekend. Met a bunch of Forum members including but not limited to Lobster, 06zx636, ninjammsc and some other ZX6 riders that pitted with me.

Here are some vids

Session 1 hot laps
Barber July 13 Session 1 Advance - YouTube

Session 2 hot laps
Barber July 13 Session 2 Advance - YouTube

Session 2 following ninjammsc for a bit.

Barber July 13 Session 2 Advance following ninjammsc Matt - YouTube

Session 4 hot laps- rear side view
Barber July 13 Session 4 Advance - YouTube

and bonus Riddle: How many guys does it take to manually change a tire?

answer: 1. After you give up and take it to the professional on site that has the hydraulic changer and takes him 45 seconds... :hmmm:

·
Super Moderator
12,479 Posts
Damn fine riding sir!

Ey3

Reactions: mr5drums

·
Registered
623 Posts
It was nice to finally meet you and ride with you.ill get some of my videos and pics up soon. up soon

·
Registered
4,618 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
A quick vid of a couple of laps from my last trackday, no engine noise as I tried a new, more sleeker method of blocking out wind noise and to say it failed miserably would be an understatement.

Cadwell Park Track Day 8 Jul 14 - YouTube
Tight!

And just as future reference for vids on here...remove the "s" from "https" in the YouTube link and it won't mess with the forum format

81 - 100 of 240 Posts