Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here’s my friends video of following me for a few laps at our local track. We’re both on 08 Zx6r, track prepped. I’m STILL dealing with brake shudder, even with brand new rotors. My 66yr old dad was on track with my wife’s "street" zx6r, for the first time and he got the wheel and rotor setup that wasn’t shuddering. So even riding around shit feeling brakes I was able to work on my lines, and body position.

Yes I passed a guy on the outlap, he was a pylon in front of me in the early parts of almost every session. He flipped a switch end of day and returned the favour late in the day by stuffing me on the inside the fastest corner on the track.

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
I liked the fact that you weren't hanging off the bike any more than necessary to do what you wanted to do. Least effort for most effect. Nice. The lay of the land and the surrounding hills looked a lot like the portion of Oregon I grew up in, jealous that you have a nice track with really good runoff areas, etc. as your local. Even more cool, that you talked your dad into a day on the track.

Watching your bike weaving in the corners was a little disconcerting..... I doubt you in the seat would notice it, but it looked to me like it was squirming more than I would have been happy with. (said as a complete armchair quarterback)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I liked the fact that you weren't hanging off the bike any more than necessary to do what you wanted to do. Least effort for most effect. Nice. The lay of the land and the surrounding hills looked a lot like the portion of Oregon I grew up in, jealous that you have a nice track with really good runoff areas, etc. as your local. Even more cool, that you talked your dad into a day on the track.

Watching your bike weaving in the corners was a little disconcerting..... I doubt you in the seat would notice it, but it looked to me like it was squirming more than I would have been happy with. (said as a complete armchair quarterback)
yeah I had a few moments that were less than smooth that session, it was over 95f air temp and was getting tired fighting the brake shudder. That was my last session on that bike, my friend filming had heat stroke coming on and let me take his bike out for my last session. Was so relaxing to not fight the braking!

very stoked my dad and I can share the sport and hobby of motorcycles now he’s retired close to me. He had instruction as did I most of the day and he came away riding way better.

241 - 249 of 249 Posts