Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Is blue group the fastest group? I can never remember the colors with Motovid since I haven't ridden with them yet.

Also, I really didn't care for that turn (the bus stop). I got passed there a lot lol
this drives me nuts. TPM does a coloring for the groups as well. I cant understand why orgs do that. Its seems like novice, intermediate and advanced is really universal and easy to understand. Why not just keep it simple.

Reactions: sbk1198

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
this drives me nuts. TPM does a coloring for the groups as well. I cant understand why orgs do that. Its seems like novice, intermediate and advanced is really universal and easy to understand. Why not just keep it simple.
Because new riders do not want to go home and tell everyone that they spent the entire weekend riding around in the novice group. Much cooler to say "I was in the RED group!". FYI one of the local orgs down here uses Red, Yellow, Blue and sometimes Black in order of slowest to fastest.

·
Director of Moderation
7,713 Posts
Because new riders do not want to go home and tell everyone that they spent the entire weekend riding around in the novice group. Much cooler to say "I was in the RED group!". FYI one of the local orgs down here uses Red, Yellow, Blue and sometimes Black in order of slowest to fastest.
If they're ashamed to say that (which I don't see why anyone would because it's still loads of fun and still faster than street riding), it should be greater incentive to work your way up to advance group! :)

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
SLO,

any chance you can watch my vid from the previous page and offer some critique? One thing that I know I must change is using the clutch when I shift on the straights. Its just a habit that I am struggling to break.
There is a thread somewhere on here about critiquing your riding that I started. Please post there so that I don't clutter up this thread...but I would be happy to look at it for you.

OH MY GOD!

your buddy Gino told me about the crash and said you got hit by a bike but I hadn't logged on here in a while. I didn't realize it was that bad. Hope you are ok!
I am doing pretty well, thanks for asking! Just some bruising left and residual pain. Range of motion is about 80% and getting better every day. I am instructing with Penguin at the new Cannan track on Sunday and Monday so we will see how I feel about riding at that point =)

·
Director of Moderation
7,713 Posts
From last weekend, racing with MRA at High Plains. Snazzy was in the first wave. I started every race on either the last row or second to last row since it was my first time there and therefore I had 0 points...and I signed up pretty late.

This was Novice GTO (so a mixtures of 1000s and 600s).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag4km5yrXZ8

·
Director of Moderation
7,713 Posts
Not on the zx6r, because my GoPro's battery was dead unfortunately, but here's a video from this Sunday at Hallett on my 500, riding along with a couple of other guys on little bikes. Really fun track!

·
Director of Moderation
7,713 Posts
^Nice! That was awesome to watch. Having just been at Hallett again recently, I still don't get how you guys go so fast there! I improved a lot and still not even close to your pace.

I bet that guy that lead most of the race was pissed at himself for going wide in T1 and then again in T2 when you dove under him!

·
Registered
456 Posts
^Nice! That was awesome to watch. Having just been at Hallett again recently, I still don't get how you guys go so fast there! I improved a lot and still not even close to your pace.

I bet that guy that lead most of the race was pissed at himself for going wide in T1 and then again in T2 when you dove under him!
Yea but you've only been like once or twice right? Its just seat time, what I really don't understand is how I'm supposed to go 2.5-3 seconds a lap faster if I want to be competitive with experts!!! I can believe I will be able to shave off a second and hang around the back middle of the pack, but those guys getting podiums are just clicking of 15's, 16's, and maybe low 17's.

Nice riding...

Have you tried adding a tooth on the rear for more drive out... ??

Thanks! No but I really should try. My biggest issue is I am just a sissy on the gas unlike you expert riders. But it wouldn't hurt to add a tooth.

·
Director of Moderation
7,713 Posts
Yea but you've only been like once or twice right? Its just seat time, what I really don't understand is how I'm supposed to go 2.5-3 seconds a lap faster if I want to be competitive with experts!!! I can believe I will be able to shave off a second and hang around the back middle of the pack, but those guys getting podiums are just clicking of 15's, 16's, and maybe low 17's.
Twice, but the first time I only got a few sessions in on 2 bikes I hadn't ridden before...basically just enough to learn the track. But still...last month when I was there I was feeling good and still only running 26/27s :(. I rode with MCRA, although didn't do the races since they're too long for me. It's amazing the skill difference between them and you guys in CMRA. The guys winning the MCRA races (combined expert/novice, superbikes/supersports) were running 1:21s. In CMRA, the top novices run faster than that! And the experts 15's, 16's like you said. Those Texas guys are fast!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Not the best video bit a few laps from my last time out.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Nice! Damn you're fast.

That track looks unbelievably shitty. But you don't seem to have troubles with it so it must look bad but grip well.
Grip actually is fine, but you can see I had to duct tape my lap timer on because even with the heavy duty velcro it got shaken off in the practice session from all the bumps. Eventually the track will be torn down and turned into a subdivision, so it is basically just limping along right now.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Nice video Kyle! I'm still holding on to hope that it gets bought out and kept as a track.
-Cody
I actually really, really, like the layout, so I'd be pumped if it ends up getting saved. Then they can fix the bump going into gravity bowl, because that is the one spot that that I am really not ok with haha.

201 - 220 of 249 Posts