Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

2161 - 2173 of 2173 Posts

·
Registered
8,566 Posts

First trackday of the year at Jennings GP January 30/31st. Still working on getting my knee down on stock suspension...;)
Knee down is over rated, but you are certainly right there to be able to simply open that hip and it is on the deck! besides all that frictional drag of the pucks only slows you down!!

Reactions: Neonmarine

·
Registered
274 Posts
Agreed and of course I made a "tongue in cheek" statement haha...but there are some interesting developments happening with modern body position. I try not to get into discussions about BP since it is usually filled with many internet posers. Instead I'll leave just say that we are no longer opening up the hip with the intent of feeling the ground. Now it's all about getting forward and lower with the upper body to allow for more aggressive lean angles the modern tires allow.

By putting more weight over the front tire, we can generate more grip and carry more corner speed by allowing higher lean angles. I'm still working on getting used to being at 55+ degrees on a 600, but it's getting there. Cheers!

·
Registered
226 Posts
My first time at Jennings this past weekend I was running about 1:30 - 1:31 fairly consistent and hit a 1:29 for my personal best there. Here's a shot from turn 13:

I think I could have shaved off a couple more seconds after learning some better ways to take some of the turns. But unfortunately I high-sided in the grass at turn one at about 80 mph and spent a few days in the hospital in GA when I should have been at the track for the rest of the weekend. Well, at least now I have a game plan for next time.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts

Reactions: Neonmarine

·
Registered
599 Posts
Great meeting you as well. Didn't make it today, 92 yo mother-in-law called at 4:30am to say "help I've slid down and can't ge up" so an hour and a half later after 911 and fire department was back home. Son was in town so had a outdoor family lunch and then ... I'll post up some more in a day or two.

2161 - 2173 of 2173 Posts