Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its Easter Sunday, its snowing, all the shops are shut, it is only 9am and already I am bored out of my mind. This can only mean one thing, that’s right….. a never tedious post a picture of your helmet thread…….

My every day one…

My spare one that is the size of a small moon….

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
My spare one that is the size of a small moon….
...that's no moon. it's a space station. it's too big to be a space station...turn the ship around.....chewy lock in the auxilary power...why are we still moving towards it?!?!

those are some spontaneous lines i remembered when i heard that, :laugh

anyway

old and busted

new hotness

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
that happened in the new hotness. it didn't really hit. it does have a small ding on it, but i'm not worried about it.
... wow that sucks. I thought you got the new lid beacuse you hit your head when u did the front flip.

well glad to hear its only a small ding... is that still safe to use if its been hit hard? it deformed the shell from what i understand... i dunno better safe than sorry. Hows the repairs coming man?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts

krispy cat loves the camera

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
... wow that sucks. I thought you got the new lid beacuse you hit your head when u did the front flip.
nah, if i had to ride in that old red one for too much longer than i did, i probably wouldve drowned myself in a toilet bowl full of finely shaven glass. the shoei is sooo much better.

well glad to hear its only a small ding... is that still safe to use if its been hit hard? it deformed the shell from what i understand... i dunno better safe than sorry. Hows the repairs coming man?
if it's been hit hard, (or even dropped from waist height), it's recommended that it be replaced. if it happened to me, i dont know if i'd replace it or not..it'd be a tough decision. but if there's even a hairline crack, they say the integrity of helmet is jeapardised (sp?). on my lid it looks like a paint scratch, but definately not something that deformed anything.

the repairs went great. suprisingly the subframe bent back nicely with that massive wrench i used and everything else bent easily. all is good now except for i need a replacement upper fairing and a windscreen. im trying to decide between a brand new upper, a used/cracked ebay one that i'd sand/plastic weld/paint, or a new fiberglass one for cheap...i think im gonna get the used one. but i did notice my clutch lever is slightly bent...you cant see it from looking, but i think when fully pulled in, it's further down than it used to be...maybe it's just in my head :coocoo

[/threadjack] :D

1 - 20 of 489 Posts