Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to introduce Stella the ZX-6RR production year 2006. Post up your pictures of the ZX-6RR series!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here's my 03.

Reactions: 2y4life and Poland

·
Registered
985 Posts
Fellow WI rider? Looks like central WI

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wouldn't be able to tell the difference at a quick glance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. The ZX-6RR's look exactly the same. The differences are all mechanical. Besides perhaps the color scheme. My RR for example comes only in all green. As for the R from the same year has more than one scheme. However in color green, the belly comes painted black (R) instead of green (RR).

·
Registered
325 Posts
What are the mechanical differences other than a smaller engine? Does it have a higher redline or better suspension?

·
Registered
985 Posts
What are the mechanical differences other than a smaller engine? Does it have a higher redline or better suspension?
- The 6R has 37 more CCs so a longer bore stroke
- Slightly different compression ratio
- 6R has slightly more HP and Torque and higher top speed
- Believe disc brakes are slight different as well
- Different trail
- In the '03/'04, I believe the RR has a slipper while the R does not
- RR has harder suspension and adjustable swingarm pivot

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The '05 and '06 RR's were also equipped with a slipper clutch. I'm not sure if the sister model R had one or not. I'm almost certain that it didn't. Another thing, the '05 and '06 RR's have a space for a steering damper on the left side of the frame. I have an Ohlins installed in such a configuration. I don't have the picture of it on my phone.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The 05' and 06' R does come with a slipper clutch. I just learned that myself after having the motorcycle for 7 months.

·
Registered
985 Posts
The '05/'06 6R has a slipper clutch, the '03/'04 6R did not while the '03/'04 6RR did.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You've kept it in a great shape. How many miles do you have on it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You've kept it in a great shape. How many miles do you have on it?
It's got around 18k miles. Although i just picked it up the first of the year. its got a few cracks and bruises but it cleans up nice. My 04 has a spot for the steering dampener on the side as well. Although until now i never knew why that spot was on the side of the frame so thanks for clearing that up!

·
Registered
985 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's got around 18k miles. Although i just picked it up the first of the year. its got a few cracks and bruises but it cleans up nice. My 04 has a spot for the steering dampener on the side as well. Although until now i never knew why that spot was on the side of the frame so thanks for clearing that up!

My 99 also has the spot on the frame and I too did not know why until reading this thread. So thanks for that info lol :2fingerlol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts