Votes: 31 83.8%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

First post!

Need some advice. I'm thinking about starting a little Ninja project, I'll be buying a zx636 2005 in a couple of weeks (Once I've sold my J1) and have had an idea but some people have said it'll look awful whilst other say it'll look awesome!

So the plan would be to paint the frame, swing arm, rear sets/pillion pegs and both wheels a light candy blue colour, whilst keeping the rest of the bike green and black.

I've crudely 'edited' some photos that I'll try and attach below to show what I mean. As well as a photo of the paint swatch.

Any feedback would be great! Positive or negative, just be honest!

p.s If this does turn out to be an awesome idea, don't steal it :p

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
Do you ever wish to sell your motorcycle?

Ey3

·
Registered
441 Posts
No, just no.

Reactions: 757Ninja

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so mixed responses :p
I'll admit, its a bit 'bold', can anyone suggest a colour which may go with it better?
And no, i plan to ride it till it blows up. From what i've heard, the 2005 is the best model theyve ever made.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Ok so mixed responses :p
I'll admit, its a bit 'bold', can anyone suggest a colour which may go with it better?
And no, i plan to ride it till it blows up. From what i've heard, the 2005 is the best model theyve ever made.
Black.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That looks terrible... but its your bike so do what you want with it

·
Registered
48 Posts
I personally don't like it but it may help lessen the chances of it getting stolen.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Fuck the haters. It's your bike. :D
No hate man. I just think it would absolutely kill the resale value of the bike and in my opinion, it looks tacky. It looks like it needs a 330 back wheel with a 14" stretch and a cereal/candy brand themed paint job.

Get yo Tucan Sam on!

·
Registered
136 Posts
No hate man. I just think it would absolutely kill the resale value of the bike and in my opinion, it looks tacky. It looks like it needs a 330 back wheel with a 14" stretch and a cereal/candy brand themed paint job.
It's all good, and yes, a 330 rear + 14" stretch would be AWESOME!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha :D I'll take that as a pretty strong No then :p
Although I do like the fruit loops idea, maybe if I got coloured tyres... hmmmm.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts