Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title explains my possible problem..... course I'm assuming at my best it's a lean bog as I've never experienced a lean or rich bog, it feels as if an anchor was dropped off the bike the rpms still climb, but much slower than normal. I always run 100% 93 from an old market..... the fuel there has done me good up until this "panic buying" of gasoline recently. I believe I got some sediments/water that may reside in the bottom of many service station tanks.

There's about 1gal left in the tank I plan on draining, cleaning and pulling the pump for disassembly and cleaning. Also should clean and re-oil my k&n street filter since I'll be in the vicinity, I hate to not precisely "single out" the problem by process of elimination for zx6r.com community's sake (as someone in the near future may like to know the solution but hopefully there's plenty of threads on this matter), but my filter was done personally less than 4,000 miles ago also. Seems to me it's bad fuel/sediments stuck to the pump screen.

It's a 2015..... k&n filter, short v-stacks, no cat, no mid-chamber, two brothers slip on and bazzaz fueler. What I'd like is any opinion/advice on how to clean out the tank/ what products/chemicals to use on the inside of the tank and pump and screen? I've heard vineger/baking soda on the pump but if using vinegar to rinse it quickly to prevent and damage. Soak screen in clean fuel. Not so clear about the tank as I don't think wd-40 would be a good idea. I'm hoping to avoid wiping out the inside with a wire clothes hanger/rag that sheds itself combo or anything of that nature (should be understandable why it's difficult for me to even trust microfiber in this situation but I'm no tech by any means so any advice could prove me wrong). Open to any good advice- appreciate all replies and everyone please ride safe thanks!
P.s.- before I tear into this by the weekend I plan to connect the laptop and check my maps just to confirm they're still loaded and active.... bike hasn't been on the dyno yet..... only autotuned via z-afm which the tuned maps I've been running quite some time now and are fairly consistent/similar to not only just one another with very little variation, but also some of the loaded 2013+ maps on the bazzaz map site also.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've also read the 2007+ fuel pump and strainer service thread posted.... most everything mentioned sounds like a good procedure.... just hoping for any good "updated" advice. I was hoping to avoid rinsing the inside of the tank with fuel and getting flammable liquid all over the place (not indoors of course lol) so any advice that'll make the process easier/cleaner and/or more efficient is greatly appreciated. Thanks once again.馃檪

Registered
The simplest first step is to add the correct ratio of fuel injector cleaner to your tank along with fresh gas. I like chemtool B12, because it's cheap. Techrolene has a bigger following.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Followed troubleshooting process...... ended up being fuel pump was shot from shit gas for anyone curious with similar problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts