Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Get the PCIII, Sliders, and Mirrors

Votes: 10 47.6%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys I'm stuck with two ideas here. Give me your input please. I have just enough spare money right now to do one of the two things. The other has to wait a few months. BTW I'm also getting carbon fiber or black pegs. Next summer I want to show the bike.

·
Registered
299 Posts
neither. I say, get new mid fairing and sliders and be done with it until next month, then decide.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was one of the options. Repaint the midfairing. The scratchs aren't through the paint. They want to sand and refinish.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think i'll make it look all "bling bling" and then over winter (3months here) add the performance parts.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hell the thing is just broken in now... just slap some number plates on her and run her hard at the track! One more time tossed down the track wont hurt as much now!

·
Registered
553 Posts
You know, when mine was new the same thing happened to me, but I needed a lot more than that. I contemplated the same decision, never could make up my mind so I did both. I had to get a new upper, mid and lower, bar ends, mirrors and a few other bits and pieces here and there. I rode it the rest of the summer and over the winter I replaced all the plastics and then in the fall I did the PCIII and two bros. dual carbon exhaust, gpr stabalizer and pazzo levers. Now I have so much stuff sitting for it that it's going to take a week to add on all the new parts. It doesn't look bad, I say ride it for a while and make up your mind. The PCIII isn't going to help much on a completely stock bike unless you have it dyno tuned and custom mapped.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That was one of the options. Repaint the midfairing. The scratchs aren't through the paint. They want to sand and refinish.
ok, then yeah, option 1

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea if I get the PCIII it will be dyno tuned here locally on a dynojet. Basically the shop is charging me $250 to refinish the panel and said it was an easy job. The PCIII I can get for $258 locally also lol. The other small things I mentioned I'm getting regardless. Winter will be in 3 months is why its a hard decision lol. If I get it repainted they said I could take it in tomorrow and it would be done in two days.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you ever go to Lincoln, Nebraska, don't do the "cocaine"..
Lol what's that all about?

BTW I think it will goto the body shop tomorrow. I hate looking at ther like this :( I guess i'll get the PCIII in a few months.

So the list this week is:

Body Shop
Shogun Slider w/rear spool-slider for rear stand.
Carbon Fiber Mirrors
Carbon Fiber Pegs
Install the -1 Vortex Sprocket up front :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
dude i did not even realize you were from lincoln, nebraska. what are the odds of that?

oh, i just saw the quote somewhere and thought it was funny so i used it. no offense.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
well, with the minor damage that is, i'd probably wait to paint it b/c it might happen again..then u have to pay again. if u want it in top condition for a certain time, (like for showing), i'd wait to paint it until a bit before then so if it falls again, u wont be paying double etc..

but, i see why u'd want it lookin perfect asap

·
Registered
397 Posts
I dont know, but from what i've seen, i think that shogun sliders is one decision i dont think you should even consider, they are the cheapest for a reason, and if you want to have your head rewelded when it cracks from the pressure of the cheap grade 5 bolt, and the thin L bracket that will bend under the weight of the bike, then go right ahead, but I wouldn't. take a look around and check out the sliders made by oes or the factory sliders that kawasaki makes. I just bought a set after I dropped my bike. they come No-Cut, with L brackets almost 1/2 inch thick, and grade 8 bolts. I found out about them from a friend that I ride with. he said when he installed them they fit PERFECT, not a single problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I dont know, but from what i've seen, i think that shogun sliders is one decision i dont think you should even consider, they are the cheapest for a reason, and if you want to have your head rewelded when it cracks from the pressure of the cheap grade 5 bolt, and the thin L bracket that will bend under the weight of the bike, then go right ahead, but I wouldn't. take a look around and check out the sliders made by oes or the factory sliders that kawasaki makes. I just bought a set after I dropped my bike. they come No-Cut, with L brackets almost 1/2 inch thick, and grade 8 bolts. I found out about them from a friend that I ride with. he said when he installed them they fit PERFECT, not a single problem.

might i trouble you for a link?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts