Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what do you think?i wasint going for chrome finish this is pretty close, exactly what i wanted.well i wanted to do the whole wheel but i cant do the centre since the surface is too rough.i used 0000 steel wool and aircraft striper then polished with mothers.

should i paint the centre of the wheel gold or black? maybe the botom stripe black and the spookes gold?.

check out my rear view camera too.im getting pigspotters 2 those ghetto miror block offs are temporary

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all damn day, only because i dont have any patience to let the striper really work.by the time i got to the last side of my second wheel it was just falling off.if you wait and keep it wet it will take a few hours waiting and 30 min actual work besides masking off.has to be kept warm to, the paint will just bubble off.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
what do you think?i wasint going for chrome finish this is pretty close, exactly what i wanted.well i wanted to do the whole wheel but i cant do the centre since the surface is too rough.i used 0000 steel wool and aircraft striper then polished with mothers.

should i paint the centre of the wheel gold or black? maybe the botom stripe black and the spookes gold?.

check out my rear view camera too.im getting pigspotters 2 those ghetto miror block offs are temporary
dude, that's pretty sweet. definately unique. i don't know about the paint, just don't let it get too busy with too many colors. that camera is pretty awesome too, though i'd be afraid of it getting stolen...dont get distracted watching the cool tv!!! :laugh

i've heard of them, but what are pigspotters? mirrors? do they have something to do with finding cops?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mounted the monitor so it comes off in a couple seconds,its wireless! the camera is hidden.itz 5x better than mirrors, the lens angle is just wide enough so you can see all 3 lanes.

pig spotter mirrors are very short mirrors that are basicaly just for looks.their just their to keep you legal and keep cops off your back.

these are the old ones they made they discontinued them. i had them on my old bike(rip)

second ones are the new ones.they have integrated signals.they look alot better than the old ones and you can atually see out of them a little.

i got more pics of that sexy ass r6 if you want :D

Attachments

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
nice rims they look sweet and don get pig spotters they look crusty mate put the stock back on

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Rims look awesome. +1 on not getting the pig spotters, they're a little queer.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Are you going to laquer the rims? if not they are going to be a bitch to stop rotting. Don't put those god-awful mirrors on please, it would ruin the look.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im going to put some sort of protective clearcoat on in the spring when i get new tires.

those mirors do look like shit i saw a bike today it looked retarded, like little ears.

heres one with the mirors on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Think the rims looks fantastic matey,love them. bike looks shit hot :hail

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Have you got any more pics of bike and rims. love the wheels,av got myself a polishing kit thinking of doing it to my bike. copying i know,but not like im ever going to bump into you at all. was going to have mine green, but really like the polished effect. :hail

·
Registered
100 Posts
Damn dude that looks clean! Normally I dont like chrome on sportbikes, but that looks bad ass! You should paint the inside of the wheel gold :devious:devious

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
thats cuz chrome is for them busa boys lol.

but it looks good though. If i didnt decide on going with an all black theme with carbon fiber I would do this 15 dollar mod to dress things up a bit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its just a cheap backup camera costs about 100$ but its great, there are better ones out there if you want to spend 500+

btw my bike is no longer that hideous snot green :devious

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
The black is nice.
Do you have a brand/model for the backup cam, and the monitor?
How did you mount the monitor on the center clamp?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts