Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How is everyone tonight? It's finally my Friday and it's been a long week. Doing a little relaxing now. Anyways I have this problem...

So this is what's undertail for my tail light wiring (and some other stuff...?) You have a plug with two prongs which are a red wire and a blue/black(maybe brown) then you have a black/yellow, a red and a blue/red wire. Those are all for my lights correct? I'm not sure what the other single post plugs are or that yellow box taped down either.

Now I went and bought the tail light from d2moto that's integrated turn signals in with the brake light. I still need to figure out how to mount it with my setup, BUT this is the wiring on it...

Now this is a plug with 3 wires (not two as is what's in the bike) which are black, red and white. Then you have two prongs which are yellow and blue. and there is also two ceramic... jumpers? Not sure what they are and if anyone could put in their two cents, that would be great.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ok, so your integrated has two indicators, a brake light and a tail light built in... Then there is one common earth wire... 5 pins in total. Your old lights would have all had an individual earth cause they werent led...

The ceramic blocks are load resistors, the go across from the indicator "hot" wire, to any of the earth wires. They make your indicators flash at normal speed... Instead of really fast.

The grey and black connectors in the bike are the indicator pins. The other in for the tail, brake, and rego plate light, which you may not have.

Just connect the earth. Then switch on each light at a time... When the correct part of the tail light lights up, that's the wire you join.

From memory, the earth, brake and tail are in the white plastic connector. The two loose ones are the indicators!

That help?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so your integrated has two indicators, a brake light and a tail light built in... Then there is one common earth wire... 5 pins in total. Your old lights would have all had an individual earth cause they werent led...

The ceramic blocks are load resistors, the go across from the indicator "hot" wire, to any of the earth wires. They make your indicators flash at normal speed... Instead of really fast.

The grey and black connectors in the bike are the indicator pins. The other in for the tail, brake, and rego plate light, which you may not have.

Just connect the earth. Then switch on each light at a time... When the correct part of the tail light lights up, that's the wire you join.

From memory, the earth, brake and tail are in the white plastic connector. The two loose ones are the indicators!

That help?
Yes, thank you, that did help! BUT turns out the black and grey plugs have two wires in them. So I have it plugged in now. Its on when the bike is on and brighter when I press the brake. With this I have Blue/red from bike paired with red, black/yellow paired with black and red paired with white. So now I have two male connectors with two wires each and one female connector also with two wires. But I only have two single wires on the light to go to them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's to another night guys. How is everyone?

So I figured everything out. The last two plugs both have a black/yellow wire which is some sort of ground (or earth) which is now not doing anything. Everything seems to work perfect like this. Also no ceramic load resistors. Is there any harm in any of this?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Ceramic resistors is supposed to slow down the flashing dosent really work most of the time

And to answer your question no it dosent

·
Registered
368 Posts
Good job! Yeah is you want the load resistors to work properly you gotta connect one end of it to the indicator hit wire, and the other end to the ground wire...

But yeah, no harm in not.. Just means your signals will flash a bit quicker.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good job! Yeah is you want the load resistors to work properly you gotta connect one end of it to the indicator hit wire, and the other end to the ground wire...

But yeah, no harm in not.. Just means your signals will flash a bit quicker.
Which in my opinion, when they flash faster, you're more noticeable. And they flash the same speed as the front does so oh well. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
368 Posts
And if you put the load resistors on, the front ones will slow down to match the back...

Just if other riders see them too, they might think youre a noob! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And if you put the load resistors on, the front ones will slow down to match the back...

Just if other riders see them too, they might think youre a noob! ;)
Oh the front will slow down as well? So I put them from the indicator hot wire to its ground that's in that connector?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts