Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have no power at all from 11,000 rpm in 4th. I can be doing about 120mph in 4th at 11,000 it won't accelerate any more and when i change up into 5th max i can get is 100 mph and 6th is 80 mph throttle wide open. Feels like its running out of petrol.

I have stripped and cleaned the carbs, cleaned the air filter and coolant filter renewed the spark plugs and the fuel filter and it is still the same.

only mods is an akrapovic can and a k&n air filter. bike was running fine with these on up until a few weeks ago.:confused:confused

this is on a 2001 zx6r

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Sounds like a fuel delivery problem, but you've changed the fuel filter. :dunno Has that got a RES / ON / PRI fuel cock on the tank? If so, try it in the prime "PRI" position and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
CV Carbs can do that when they start to have issues I think. Any chance they didn't get 100% clean during the cleaning? Were the rubber diaprhams in good shape? Any chance they aren't quite seated all the way? Air filter clean and no rags etc left in the air box or boot (you laugh, I've done it)?

best of luck

·
Registered
390 Posts
Check everything again with noooooo hurry, cause sometimes that little ''urgent'' setting could be fatal for the bike !! Good luck mate..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No my fuel tap doesn`t have the PRI position, but tried all other position but to no avail.
I would say I got the carbs as clean as physical possible! All the diaphrams looked good, no rips or other signs of damage and they are definately seated properly.
Air filter has been cleaned and no rags in the air box (I wish it was that simple!)
Checked everything over numerous times now and cant see anything I might have missed.
Its hopefully going into the garage 1st thing in the morning let them find it, fed up of this problem now. Meant to be going to Holland on it on tuesday to Assen to watch the Motogp. Just hope this can still happen!
Thanks for all your thoughts on this and will let you know what it was when its fixed.:banghead

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are your throttles openning all the way? Look down the carb bore to make sure the butterfly is openning fully. Maybe your throttle cable locknuts loosened at the carbs and they arent openning all the way. Drain the carbs also just in case there is water at the bottom of the float bowls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts