Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my FI light came on and it turned out that the exhaust servo is stuck. will it hurt the bike if I just remove it and clear the code?? Or will i have to run a full exhaust?? thanks for the help!!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes it will hurt it, you will lose aroung 7-10 hp, and if you disconnect the cables from the butterfly valve, it will eventually close itself, create a huge amount of exhaust backflow, then it will most likely shut down the motor. I would sat that I am just guessing, but it did happen to me.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The way that motor is tuned from the factory you need that valve to make smooth linear power. The factory fuel injection is tuned to work with it. Wesley is right you will loose power. Get the valve fixed or get a full system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I guess this is an excuse for me to get the full exhaust. I have the power commander products on the bike already so all I'll have to do is get the exhaust map. Hard to believe what little things can cause now-a-days.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well, with a power commander you can tune it to just a slip-on, if price is an issue. But a full system can't be beat!

·
Registered
397 Posts
now is when you can get all the parts cheap since its getting colder out. I am looking for a full system for mine too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts