Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to have one of them?

Pit Bull Products Spooled Forward Handle Rear, Motorcycle Stand

They seem easy to use for one person in tight spaces.

My only concern would be if I wanted to put jackstands under solid foot pegs to lift the bike up and keep the swingarm free. Is the handle too close to the bike to put jackstands under the foot pegs?

If not, will low profile jackstands work?

http://www.amazon.com/Torin-T43004-Aluminum-Jack-Stands/dp/B0007XTGCI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1325163032&sr=8-5&tag=viglink22303-20

Thanks!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Does anyone happen to have one of them?

Pit Bull Products Spooled Forward Handle Rear, Motorcycle Stand

They seem easy to use for one person in tight spaces.

My only concern would be if I wanted to put jackstands under solid foot pegs to lift the bike up and keep the swingarm free. Is the handle too close to the bike to put jackstands under the foot pegs?

If not, will low profile jackstands work?

Amazon.com: Torin T43004 3 Ton Aluminum Jack Stands (Sold in Pairs): Automotive

Thanks!
Pitbulle are very nice but too expensive . Ebay

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
........expect to take some SERIOUS HEAT for that statement around here

:popcorn:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
My Pitbulls have removeable handles, I'm not sure if they make them that way for the forward handle stands or not but I'd assume they do. If that's the case, you could lift the bike then remove the handle - viola, room for jackstands. If space is tight though and you want to be able to use jackstands, get a normal rearstand and just remove the handle, that way it barely extends past the tire. :O

:laugh: I used Trackside stands for years with no problems whatsoever, but I finally pulled the trigger on Pitbulls this year and the quality truly is unreal. I understand both arguments, but since seeing the light, I won't be going back.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Yes Pitbull stands are very nice and yes Pitbull stands are very expensive. I have two sets (not the forward handle type but the regular type) and wouldn't mind having a 3rd set.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Pitbulls have removeable handles, I'm not sure if they make them that way for the forward handle stands or not but I'd assume they do. If that's the case, you could lift the bike then remove the handle - viola, room for jackstands. If space is tight though and you want to be able to use jackstands, get a normal rearstand and just remove the handle, that way it barely extends past the tire. :O
The handle of the forward stand actually acts as the stabilizer for the stand so it's not at all removable.

I just saw a video of it being used in different angles. Doesn't seem like one can put jackstands under the footpegs due to the length of the arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duHkDtS9we0

I'll just go for the traditional stand.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
You get whatcha pay for :O

I always ask myself this question. Do I want my pride and joy up on less than the best stands? Or do I want to spend a little extra and buy the best. And keep them for decades?

:popcorn:
See above... warmth. :2fingerlol:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
You get whatcha pay for :O

I always ask myself this question. Do I want my pride and joy up on less than the best stands? Or do I want to spend a little extra and buy the best. And keep them for decades?
This is the biggest cop out of the entire "stands" debate, lol. Pretty much any stand does it's job and does it well. Not everyone has the money to spend on expensive accessories. I've yet to see any proof of why a lesser stand doesn't do a good job of lifting a bike and holding it there. Hell I even used a Harbor Frieght stand for years with no problems at all.

However, a pit bull triple or fork lift stand will work a helluva lot better than jack stands IMO:laugh

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the biggest cop out of the entire "stands" debate, lol. Pretty much any stand does it's job and does it well. Not everyone has the money to spend on expensive accessories. I've yet to see any proof of why a lesser stand doesn't do a good job of lifting a bike and holding it there. Hell I even used a Harbor Frieght stand for years with no problems at all.

However, a pit bull triple or fork lift stand will work a helluva lot better than jack stands IMO:laugh
I have a front head lift stand already. All I have to do is replace the pin to fit the ZX6R. The jackstands are for allowing the swing arm to be unloaded, which allows me to work on the rear shock.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I have a front head lift stand already. All I have to do is replace the pin to fit the ZX6R. The jackstands are for allowing the swing arm to be unloaded, which allows me to work on the rear shock.
Thays actually a pretty damn good idea, lol. I never really need to service my rear shock, so I guess I've never thought of that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
you guys able to get Abba stands in the US? It lifts at the swingarm pivot point, and very stable. I run a ratchet strap though the headstock, and up over a garage rafter if I need to remove front wheel/forks etc

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Moto-D Racing has some stands strong, sturdy and affordable.

The Racestands
[

$130 for the set shipped to your door.

Pro Series Stands

They cost a little bit more but well worth the money. Few different variations of them as well such headlift style, traditional front, rear style and a floating style with 3 caster wheels that help moving the bike around in tight places.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Moto-D Racing has some stands strong, sturdy and affordable.

The Racestands
[

$130 for the set shipped to your door.

Pro Series Stands

They cost a little bit more but well worth the money. Few different variations of them as well such headlift style, traditional front, rear style and a floating style with 3 caster wheels that help moving the bike around in tight places.
Those look nice, but I like having the long, removable handle for leverage. Makes it that much easier to work on the bike by myself.

·
Registered
985 Posts

Yup, it's not like these "cheaper" stands will break down or not fit your bike any better. Functionally, they're the same. The Moto-D ones, the Race Stands, work every bit as well and for less than a rear pitbull, you have front and rear stands. No one is going to deny that Pitbull stands don't look a bit nicer and have a better finish but if I am getting two stands for the price of a rear, I'll grab the two. I guess it boils down to preference, money, and efficiency.

Truth be told, if I was to spend money on brand new Pitbulls (front and rear) and my main priority was getting the bike up and down safely, quality, efficiency, I would just get a Bursig Center-Lift-Stand. Quicker, easier, safer, and less chance of the bike tipping or falling. A friend of mine has it for his Gixxer and that thing, imo, is well worth the money if money isn't an issue.

Bursig Center-Lift Stand - RevZilla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTwKq5EB5U0

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Those look nice, but I like having the long, removable handle for leverage. Makes it that much easier to work on the bike by myself.
There plenty of leverage on the Moto-D stands, I've used all variations, no issues of getting the bike up. Piece of cake.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup, it's not like these "cheaper" stands will break down or not fit your bike any better. Functionally, they're the same. The Moto-D ones, the Race Stands, work every bit as well and for less than a rear pitbull, you have front and rear stands. No one is going to deny that Pitbull stands don't look a bit nicer and have a better finish but if I am getting two stands for the price of a rear, I'll grab the two. I guess it boils down to preference, money, and efficiency.

Truth be told, if I was to spend money on brand new Pitbulls (front and rear) and my main priority was getting the bike up and down safely, quality, efficiency, I would just get a Bursig Center-Lift-Stand. Quicker, easier, safer, and less chance of the bike tipping or falling. A friend of mine has it for his Gixxer and that thing, imo, is well worth the money if money isn't an issue.

Bursig Center-Lift Stand - RevZilla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTwKq5EB5U0
I was looking at that too. Though I'm not exactly sure how that would work on our bikes seeing as there's only one hole in the frame... Those stands use at least 2 frame holes to get the bike up safely.

But seeing as I already have a front head lift stand, getting a rear stand makes more sense financially.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 25 Posts