Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I like my Pirelli Supercorsa Pro 190/55 SC2 rear and SC1 front :yumyum (No green stripe though?) I've run a few sets now and probably wont run anything else for a long time.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm roll'n on Michelins
now and their OK. But I am getting a good deal on the Pirelli Supercorsa Pros

·
Registered
450 Posts
I haven't run Pi pro's since 05...decent tires, but that dang super thin sidewall always felt really marshmallowy to me.

We run the Michelin power race nowadays. AWESOME front end confidence!:)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I haven't run Pi pro's since 05...decent tires, but that dang super thin sidewall always felt really marshmallowy to me.

We run the Michelin power race nowadays. AWESOME front end confidence!:)

I don't think the pro's were around in '05 (the same as they are now) there were some changes made to them in '06 in profile and construction. And after that they went from Diablo Supercorsa's to Dragon Supercorsa's but I don't know if there was more than a name change :dunno

·
Registered
450 Posts
^^^I'm sure the construction is different today...that's why I specified 05.

I was actually just tryingto talk him into staying on the Mich's. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Pirelli all the way, WSB control tyre :laugh

[threadjack] Imo WSB is offering, overall, the best racing by far at the moment. I honestly believe it's due to the pirelli spec tire situation...best move they ever made.[/threadjack]

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I've always preferred WSB over GP, even before the control tyre was introduced. GP coverage is a delayed free to air telecast, WSB used to be, but when they took it off FTA, I got pay TV to watch it.

It probably wouldn't matter who's tyres they're on, as long as they're all on the same. I'm just hoping all of what Pirelli is learning is filtering down into their street tyres.

(I like the GP a whole lot, never miss a race, just like watching the WSB that little more).

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I can't pass up the deal. The AMA racer I help out is moving to Dunlop's and their team does not want them rolling on the Mish's so he had a pair 6 weeks old left over and I traded them for some graphics.

so I figure I've got one or two more Track days left on the Mich's and so far the only complaint I have is that I have a lack of feel.

I have run Dunlop's for many years and the best tire I ever rolled on was their D364's back in the 90's the 207-208's just don't seem to have the peek or edge feel as the D364 had. However I have not run their qualifier yet.

I will test out the Pirelli sc2 in after I run through the Mish's

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you're going Dunny, screw the qualifier...

UK made sportmax GP 209 190/60 3167 is an outstanding tire...period. I wouldn't say this if I didn't have thousands of laps on them.

I did not say this...I was not here.....long live Michelin.:devious

1 - 11 of 11 Posts