Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent a few quid recently on the 636 A1. I put a set of R&G Racing crash protectors and exhaust sleeve on, plus a brand new set of DCIIIs.

I had BT014s before they were very good, but as they wore, I had to drop the pressures a bit to keep the turn in consistent.

The reviews of the DCIIIs though have been very good and even in the 14 miles I have I rode to work after fitting, I have to say they have felt very good indeed.

I'll report back with a more comprehensive account ina few days.

Cheers,
A

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
whats the $$ on them?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got them at a local place for €330 ($488)fitted and balanced.

Not sure what that's like over there (in the US), but here anything under 400yoyos is pretty good for a sports tyre.

Also, a nice dry mild morning this morning so I, shall we say, pressed on a bit. and f*ck me pink and call me rosie, did it feel good. Despite being on recommended pressures (36 front and 42 rear) the feedback levels are stunning! It is so much better than the BT 014s. I never had a slide on the 14s, but I never had the level of feedback that just made me supremely confident. I had to think about what the tyres were doing. The DCIIIs, after only 60 miles aboard them, seem to have made some Borg-like connection to the base of my arse that streams information about what's going on.

The turn in profile is excellent too, and wet roundabouts now hold no fear, tip it in on a constant throttle and then just give it some to stand her up on the way out, no problem.

If these tyres lasted for only a thousand miles, I'd go for them again just for the feeling.

[Despite the above content this has not been a commerical feature from Pirelli]

A [grinning]

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Nice bit of feedback matey,i got a set last week for my 636,havent had chance to test them yet as weathers crap. cant wait to get out on them.:) :) :banana

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got a chance to test them in wet conditions this morning as the ride to work in a monsoon to say the least!

They are flawless! I purposefully pushed a bit harder than I would normally in the wet (my R&G accessories boosting confidence) and they were perfect. Even giving them a little extra shove coming out of a corner never made them slide and again there was feedback levels that allowed you to read batch numbers from manhole covers.

So from drenched country roads to slippery city streets in heavy standing water, they were very reassuring.

A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts