Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a picture of @PainfullySlo in a turn and you could see the amount the rear tire was flexing.

This is a whole new level of flex! lol...I guess this is what it looks like when a VERY fast guy rides a 220-230 hp bike with the same tires on :D

For those that don't know, this is Shakey Byrne on the Be Wiser Ducati BSB bike...guessing at Brands Hatch from last weekend.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Holy bonkers! That's fucking gnarly!!!

·
Skin Flute Master Instructor Level III
6,355 Posts
Holy shit, hopefully he doesn't hit a little stone lollll. Imagine pinching that between the rim and track?

·
Director of Moderation
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No way dude. Thats gotta be a flat!
Nope! Not at all. This is what 100-105 lb-ft of torque does to that tire when it's leaned over to the edge.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Look at the amount of surface area of rubber on the tarmac. That my friends is traction. I just wonder how long it can last.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That was an awesome day, should of seen some of Luke mossey late breaking into paddock hill, worth watching on highlights of you can find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I remember seeing a picture of @PainfullySlo in a turn and you could see the amount the rear tire was flexing.

This is a whole new level of flex! lol...I guess this is what it looks like when a VERY fast guy rides a 220-230 hp bike with the same tires on :D

For those that don't know, this is Shakey Byrne on the Be Wiser Ducati BSB bike...guessing at Brands Hatch from last weekend.
So...you are saying that I am not fast? :p

And that is totally legit. I assume this is the pic SBK was talking about, me on a 'tiny' 130hp/51lb. ft. middleweight bike and not even at the edge of the tire yet in this pic.

Same corner, almost to max lean. It doesn't look anywhere near as dramatic from the back.

You are looking at the reason why Pirelli has the best grip available out of any tire manufacturer at the moment although the new Dunlop tire they are testing in MA has the potential to sake things up since they basically copied the Pirelli carcass and added their own twist to it. I am actually really excited to try those.

·
Director of Moderation
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was an awesome day, should of seen some of Luke mossey late breaking into paddock hill, worth watching on highlights of you can find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gonna watch the races tonight. I was just waiting for them to be uploaded on youtube in HD.

Reactions: Andie0

·
Director of Moderation
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha! @PainfullySlo...I know you are fast, but I also know you're not Shakey Byrne on an 1199R fast ;)

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts