Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
That sounds wicked. How does it perform? It'd be nice to see some before and after dynos.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Site is a big improvement from the old one! Nice Pinebox.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
sounds real good

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Love what you are doing. The polished aluminum looks great. I was wondering, just as a suggestion. You've done far more than I've ever done so take this with a grain of salt but for the next revision you may want to add some curviture to the pipe between the right side exhaust and the midpipe interface for improved airflow (maybe).

Again, just a suggestion. Looks like you're making improvements already. The pipes sound awesome too. Keep it up!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Love what you are doing. The polished aluminum looks great. I was wondering, just as a suggestion. You've done far more than I've ever done so take this with a grain of salt but for the next revision you may want to add some curviture to the pipe between the right side exhaust and the midpipe interface for improved airflow (maybe).

Again, just a suggestion. Looks like you're making improvements already. The pipes sound awesome too. Keep it up!

I know just what you are talking about. I thought about it. It actually was like that in my original 3D model. But there was one part of that joint that was going to be a major PITA to make. At least for what I can do in my garage.

Try to picture just how the right side elbow would need to be cut to mate flush with the outside of the other elbow. I think I still have that part in a model. I'll post pics of it later if I can find it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The Semi-Gloss Black with coated inner tubes would look sweeeeeet on my bike!

Hrm anyone wana get me a late xmas gift???????????

I'll dance 4 you!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know just what you are talking about. I thought about it. It actually was like that in my original 3D model. But there was one part of that joint that was going to be a major PITA to make. At least for what I can do in my garage.

Try to picture just how the right side elbow would need to be cut to mate flush with the outside of the other elbow. I think I still have that part in a model. I'll post pics of it later if I can find it.
Here's what a section of that right side tube would need to look like....

Here's what it would like if it were used....

You can see that it would be very difficult to cut the right side elbow to fit. Then you have to cut the hole in the left side tube.
If you look at how it would flow if it were an elbow. The right side would take most of the exhaust flow. It would be the path of least resistance.
By using a straight tube on the right side, it actually splits the exhaust flow pretty evenly.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Here's what a section of that right side tube would need to look like....

Here's what it would like if it were used....

You can see that it would be very difficult to cut the right side elbow to fit. Then you have to cut the hole in the left side tube.
If you look at how it would flow if it were an elbow. The right side would take most of the exhaust flow. It would be the path of least resistance.
By using a straight tube on the right side, it actually splits the exhaust flow pretty evenly.
yeah, that does look tricky. Here is a thought.... How about if that was the "main" pipe and the right side pipe was add on piece. Would it be any easier? I imagine it would still be difficult though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts