Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Anyone interested in an exhaust that isn't the same old can hanging off the side??

Here it is...

I've only got 2 spots left for my next batch to 10. So if you want one, check my website for ordering info and I'll get you on the list.
I don't have any in stock right now, but materials are on the way for this next batch.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
In the US almost all aftermarket stuff isn't road legal, quite a different situation than the UK. To be road legal in the US it would have to be DOT and EPA tested and make no more than 88db IIRC so no one really bothers even trying as it would be to costly.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Indeed. I'm pretty sure every can that is sold in Europe has to have a DB Killer of some sort come with it to make it road legal. In the US and Australia we don't really seem to give two shits about this kind of thing and sadly, not all exhausts get it standard (I'm trying to source one for my ER6n Scorpion zorst which only got the DB Killer with Euro sold versions).

Still, nice exhaust Pinebox. A little too loud for me, though :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
im interested, how is the pc3 map sent and do you have any dyno numbers? what filter are you guys setting the map too?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the PC3 map is included on a mini-CD. I can email also, if you would like.
Dyno numbers were 101whp/44wtq with a K&N filter. I know it sounds low, but considering the elevation here and the conditions of the day. I'm happy with it. I definitely felt the gains.

·
Registered
80 Posts
did you get a baseline before you ran it? im just afraid to of a loss of hp cause my '03 bone stock hit 106.8, i know elevations and dynos were diffrent and they play a huge part, esp at your elevations. also since the elevations and conditions were diffrent im guessing i would need to get a diffrent map, is there anyway that i could send you the map for a "sea level" elevation for future customers?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I didn't get a baseline. I still kick myself for that one.

I contacted DynoJet about the map. I was told the map doesn't need to be adjusted. The bike adjusts for different elevations on it's own. It uses the BAP (barometric air pressure) sensor do to this.
I would be willing to bet at sea level, it will make more than 101 whp.

If it makes any difference, with a different map and on an '05 in Kansas city, it made 116whp/52wtq.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts