Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Commute 38kms one way everyday so definately went for sport touring tyres.

Had PR3s before and did around 19 thousand kms on them.

Had the rear plugged at 4000kms from a bolt - the plug held up pretty well.

Just wondering if anyone used the same tyres and what pressure do you run them at for both commuting or twisties?

Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just got some road 4's put on mine.

Only about 300 miles on them so far so too soon to comment, other than they feel promising

·
Registered
244 Posts
Have had PR4's for almost 5000kms

I've stuck to the manual spec for most of it (I do more commuting than twisties due to where I live):
Rear 42
Front 36

Been awesome to have. I found that when it's wet, you don't want the pressure to drop too much otherwise they aren't as effective (stay within 3 PSI).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have had PR4's for almost 5000kms
Been awesome to have. I found that when it's wet, you don't want the pressure to drop too much otherwise they aren't as effective (stay within 3 PSI).
I also run at factory recommend 36/42
I'm going to try 35/35 for twisties some weekend soon.
Also I assumed lower pressure when wet is better e.g. more rubber on the road = more grip?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I also run at factory recommend 36/42
I'm going to try 35/35 for twisties some weekend soon.
Also I assumed lower pressure when wet is better e.g. more rubber on the road = more grip?
Maybe. I've had more slide outs on lower pressure in the wet though (tyres were around 36 and I almost lost it while barely taking a large corner at half the speed (was very much upright)). But didn't have any issues when I had 40psi.

I thought the high pressure from a firmer tyre which would result in more water being dispersed, but I could be wrong. The roads out here are rubbish, it's pretty bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts